1984 Chevrolet 4x4 Diesel Sport Van Restoration and Adventure thread

mjn541

Been in the family for 30 years. Just became my turn to keep the van going another 30 years. Been all around the world already. I remember being a kid cruising in this beast in Central/Eastern Europe in the 90s and it was a head turner. Mostly stock- Detroit Diesel 6.2L and original factory 4x4 conversion. Did a quick google search and it looks like there's not much information on the internet about them. Been well-maintained over the years but am getting the front end repaired and then new wheels and tires. Hoping to work on the interior this winter and post pics of progress and adventure in the future!

sportvan (1 of 1).jpg

Sentinelist

Adventurer
Yeah yeah yeah. A-Team livery for starters, then we'll talk. :)

J/k- very interesting. How did it wind up over there and back here? Will follow.

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
That cool especially considering the history. That vehicle is the epitome of reliability and simplicity, simple to upgrade, and affordable. Something an expedition vehicle should be!

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Welcome to the site Mjm, and thanks for posting pics of your fine rig. I would be really interested in seeing detail about your van. I have always wanted to have a 4x4 van and it seems there are almost only Fraud vans out there. Keeps us updated with lots of pics as you can see there are many interested in hearing a bout your rig. Cheers, Chilli...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne