Mojoe Griddle | Mojoe Outfitters Thread

Camadile

Supporting Sponsor - Mojoe Outfitters
for the use of the camp chef 2 burner (which I use all of the time at home and at the track with the griddle) I recommend a copper diffuser plate to keep the hot spots under control and make your mojo much easier to cook on.
this is where I got mine
http://bellacopper.stores.yahoo.net

Hi Dave!

This is very interesting to me! Are you still able to get the Mojoe smokin' hot using the diffuser? Do you recommend that I get one and test it out? If so, what size should I get?

I'm glad you are getting a lot of use out of your Mojoe!

Cam

FJRanger

I like getting lost...
Hi Dave!

This is very interesting to me! Are you still able to get the Mojoe smokin' hot using the diffuser? Do you recommend that I get one and test it out? If so, what size should I get?

I'm glad you are getting a lot of use out of your Mojoe!

Cam

I'd like to know as well.

FJRanger

I like getting lost...
We purchased the low/normal single burner CampChef and it didn't come with a diffuser.

What are the dimensions of the one that came with the explorer?

dfroman

Cam,
I got the 10" from bellacopper.
Yes you can get the griddle as hot as you want, the diffuser just keeps the temps more even. On my camp chef (30,000 btu burners) I cook almost
everything on low-medium low. (any hotter and I can't enjoy beverages while cooking :)
I actually prefer using the mojo over the webber kettle grill because of how even the heat is. (but not nearly as convenient) camp chef and a diffuser gets pretty close, I highly recommend it.
David

Camadile

We purchased the low/normal single burner CampChef and it didn't come with a diffuser.

What are the dimensions of the one that came with the explorer?

Camp Chef stoves don't come with diffusers - they are an extra cost separate product.

I plan to test out a diffuser with the Mojoe and if it works as well as David says, I'll design a steel one like a midget Mojoe and see how that works. Maybe a new Mojoe product on the horizon...

Cam

Camadile

Mojoe Beach Party!

One of our Mojoe Griddle customers just sent in some photos of an outrageous beach party near San Francisco. Here is his take on the experience:

"Some buddies and I went to Ocean Beach (SF) last night to make a home-made hot tub. We brought buckets of water from the ocean, filled our pit, and pumped water through a copper coil in the fire back into the tub (using a water pump powered by a car battery). We had burning hot water, and of course the best part--the Mojoe. Desert style rellenos, shrooms and onions, shiskabobs, and sausage. Couldn't have asked for a better night."

Here are his photos:

11895236_397663010432103_3950538524350792947_o.jpg

11895271_397663033765434_126666277996221629_o.jpg

11885679_397663043765433_2877943340089725591_o.jpg

Pretty amazing! Oh! To have that kind of energy back again!

Cam

Last edited:

Freebird

Adventurer
Cam...
I am not able to get on your website with my iPad. It just keeps reloading until it gives up.
Thought you might like to know....

Camadile

Cam...
I am not able to get on your website with my iPad. It just keeps reloading until it gives up.
Thought you might like to know....

I just got back from the White Mountains. Sorry about your difficulties! While I was out on the trail this weekend, normal traffic on my website quintupled and I have no idea why! That's the only reason I can think of for the issues you had.

Try again! I just did and had no problems.

Thanks for the heads-up though!

Cam

Camadile

Baja Clam Chowder on the Mojoe Griddle!

This Mojoe Video is the last in a series of three Baja videos from the recent Seafood expedition to San Quintin that Kris and I took a few weeks back. We scored a dozen huge Pismo clams fresh from the deserted beaches surrounding San Quintin and used the Mojoe Griddle to pop them open and stream them. Then they went in into the Dutch oven chowder pot with milk, potatoes, bacon, garlic and cayenne pepper. We used a Camp Chef stove in front of our hotel room at the Old Mill Hotel right on San Quintin Bay!

YUM!

[video]https://youtu.be/Gm1JNNSvd-k[/video]

Cam

MTaco

Adventurer
Went camping last week in the Pryor Mountains in SE Montana. What a cool place! Took some beauty shots of the Mojoe for you Cam. We cooked Breakfast burritos and pork tacos this trip. All the food pics are on the other camera, sorry.

IMAG1784_zps0hdo7zvo.jpg

IMAG1785_zpsuisyji2w.jpg

Camadile

Went camping last week in the Pryor Mountains in SE Montana. What a cool place! Took some beauty shots of the Mojoe for you Cam. We cooked Breakfast burritos and pork tacos this trip. All the food pics are on the other camera, sorry.

Good to hear from you Mark! Looks like a great setting for Mojoe cooking!The grates on those steel campfire rings a a perfect place to set your Mojoe on! You get to bask in the warmth of your fire while cooking great camp meals!

Cam

Camadile

Mojoe Griddle Chinese Fried Rice on the Weber BBQ

I recently subscribed to a great cooking magazine called "Cooks Illustrated". This magazine has no advertising and is all about cooking techniques and most importantly, how and why combining food ingredients with cooking technique creates flavor and texture. Every recipe in the Mag tells a story of trial and error in perfecting that recipe in a test kitchen. I have actually learned a lot just by reading the story that accompanies each recipe!

I'm not one to use recipes much and when I do, I don't follow them precisely (e.g. I don't usually measure out anything and I usually add other ingredients that I think will make it better). But one recipe that I found in Cooks Illustrated was very intriguing to me - Chinese Fried Rice using brown rice and it told me how to make Chinese BBQ pork (to go in the rice) which turned out to be simple and easy to do on my Mojoe Griddle.

So I made a video cook of this recipe and I have to tell you the result was delicious! I made a huge batch for three people hoping for leftovers but my son never stopped eating until it was all gone! I used my Weber 22" as the heat source.

Here's the video:

[video]https://youtu.be/tHKDFdhL3yY[/video]

Cam

FshTaco99

Adventurer
Cooks Illustrated is published by America's Test Kitchen. I've subscribed for two years now and it has been the only magazine I archive due to the info they stash inside.

MTaco

Adventurer
Great video Cam. I've been wanting to make fried rice on the Mojoe for awhile now. I think tonight's the night!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior