Mojoe Griddle | Mojoe Outfitters Thread

Camadile

Supporting Sponsor - Mojoe Outfitters
Cooks Illustrated is published by America's Test Kitchen. I've subscribed for two years now and it has been the only magazine I archive due to the info they stash inside.

Yes, Cooks Illustrated is awesome! It's not just recipes, it teaches you not only how to cook by why minor changes can result in major differences!

Cam

FJRanger

I like getting lost...
Yes, Cooks Illustrated is awesome! It's not just recipes, it teaches you not only how to cook by why minor changes can result in major differences!

Cam

Agreed, Cooks Illustrated is great! We've been getting it for a while now:chef:

MTaco

Adventurer
OK, so how did it go???

Cam

Turned out great! Made pot stickers too. I'm eating the leftovers for lunch today.

Also, I picked up a 14" dome lid off of Amazon about a month ago that works great for steaming. It was a must for the frozen pot stickers.

Camadile

Turned out great! Made pot stickers too. I'm eating the leftovers for lunch today.

Also, I picked up a 14" dome lid off of Amazon about a month ago that works great for steaming. It was a must for the frozen pot stickers.

I love my steam dome too! It will melt the cheese on my burgers in seconds and is indispensable for cooking brats in minutes! We will probably end up selling those as well.

Cam

FJRanger

I like getting lost...
I've been using an old 18" Kettle lid, liking your ideas about a 14" dome lid. The 14" sounds like a better option. Any recommendations?

Camadile

Mojoe Desert Breakfast Rellenos!

My long-time buddy, my dog and I recently took an overlanding/camping trip to Southern Utah. We spent a whole week exploring the far outback 4x4 trails in the Escalante Grand Staircase NM and Capitol Reef NP. The weather was perfect and the scenery, spectacular! During one long stretch of 80 miles of trail, we didn't see another soul in three days! Our camp meals tend to be a little over the top because I love to cook and there is no better place to do that than in a spectacular setting with no one else around.

One morning at our campsite, perched atop 500 foot cliffs of red Utah rock, I decided to make breakfast using a twist on a favorite camping dinner item: Desert Rellenos. Desert Rellenos in our parlance, are simply roasted pasilla peppers stuffed with cheese and "baked" until all melty. No batter or deep frying required. In this case, I decided to add sausage and eggs to the stuffing mix and voila!: Desert Breakfast Rellenos. YUM! They sure hit the spot.

Of course, we shot a video of the cook! Here it is:

[video]https://youtu.be/sh7_pOQDMGI[/video]

I also took some pictures of the cook:

IMG_2793.jpg

DSC_0504.jpg

DSC_0500.jpg

DSC_0498.jpg

BTW: This recipe will be featured in the next issue of OutdoorX4 Magazine!

Cam

Last edited:

Camadile

Killer Reuben Sandwiches on a Death Valley Overlanding Trip!

A couple of weeks ago, my long time college buddy and his two college age sons flew down from Seattle for our annual Spring desert trip (a 35 year tradition). Along with my son, we headed out to the Death Valley area for a four day/three night journey. We came in from the South from Baker to the Amargosa river valley and exited over Cerro Gordo into Lone Pine. Each night we camped just outside the NP boundary so we could have a campfire! The weather was perfect and there were still areas of concentrated flowers near Badwater.

On our first night, we made some crispy/gooey/chewy Reuben sandwiches on my Mojoe Griddle using a Camp Chef Explorer dual burner stove. I had baked the corned beef before we left so making the sammies for five hungry dudes was simple and easy.

Of course, I made a video of this cook. Here it is:

[video]https://youtu.be/MWcx98VDQwA[/video]

Here is a picture of our group enjoying the sunset over the Amargosa Valley with our bellies full of Reubens!
IMG_3550.jpg

Cam

Camadile

Mojoe Melts! Patty Melts with a Mojoe Twist!

When I was out in California's high desert recently, I felt like a Patty Melt! (No, I just wanted to eat one!) I had just scored a loaf of artisan sourdough and went to our freezer to see about some hamburger. Well, not only did I find a package of hamburger, I also found some Hot Links AND some left over Carnitas!

That got me to thinking that a patty melt made with any of these meats would be awesome! Not being able to make a decision, I decided to make one of each. I even gave each version a name: The Americana, The Mexicana and The Southerner.

I set up my trusty Mojoe Griddle on a Camp Chef stove outside in the desert and started into cookin'. Here's the video I made with a beautiful desert backdrop:

[video]https://youtu.be/J60108QVBGg[/video]

IMG_3717.jpg IMG_3702.jpg

Cam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94