Mojoe Griddle | Mojoe Outfitters Thread

WOODY2

Adventurer
I believe we prepared and served 30 lbs of bacon plus or minus a pound in that time frame. But the Mojoe boys have the details.

Camadile

Supporting Sponsor - Mojoe Outfitters
I second this! The output of the 3 Mojoe's in use was unbelievable, well done:chef:

But I have to know... How much bacon, pancake mix and blueberries did the group put down:Wow1:

Thanks for supplying one to the raffle, I can't wait to give it a try!

Hi and thanks!

Woody2 (Ralph) is about right on the bacon! He actually saved the day because Dave (AAV) donated 15 pounds and I thought that would be enough but Ralph said negatory and said he would bring another 15 pounds of Kirkland. All of the 30 pounds of bacon (except for about a pound) was consumed. I'm guessing we fed over 150 people in about 75 minutes with just three Mojoes! That's a rate of about 2.5 minutes per pound of bacon on the Mojoe - A new record!

We also went through a whole 25 pound box of Krusteaz Pancake Mix, one gallon of syrup, 5 pounds of butter and 14 boxes (6 oz.) of blueberries!

Many thanks to all the volunteers that helped speed things along. Kris was using a power drill to mix up the batter, then fill the batter pumper and squirted them babies onto the Mojoe at just the right rate. Ralph and Tim were the Baconmeisters, Dave was pumping out pancakes at a very high rate of speed, Paul from Tembo Tusk was the blueberry sprinkler, Apryl was the videographer (stay tuned for the video) and there were several other helpers - thank you all!

It all worked and I wasn't even stressed out. It was a blast!

Use that Mojoe you won to good affect! I want to see pictures of you and the Mojoe posted up here and elsewhere!

Cam

Camadile

Mojoe Photos From the AAV Mountain Rendezvous

Here are some awesome photos taken by Brent Haywood Photography of the Mojoe Griddle in action at the American Adventurist Mountain Rendezvous:

More Pancakes on the Mojoe.jpg
MRV Pancake and Bacon Extravaganza

Me and Kris Cooking Quesadillas.jpg
Cam and Kris Cooking Quesadilla Appetizers for All the Folks on Friday Evening (Photo Not by Brent Haywood)

Mojoes at the Epicenter.jpg
Mojoes at the MRV Epicenter

Brussel Sprouts and Strap-on on the Mojoe.jpg
Brussel Sprouts and the New Mojoe Strap-On Griddlip for the Saturday Pot-Luck

Bacon on the Mojoe.jpg
Cooking Bacon on the Mojoe - You can fit about two pounds of thick sliced bacon on the Mojoe at one time and its done in just a few minutes!

Mojoe Men!.jpg
Mojoe Men!

Three Mojoe Set-up.jpg
Three Mojoes were enough to feed 150 people!

Pancakes on the Mojoe.jpg
Squirting Batter and Dropping Berries (Photo by Richard310)

A good time was had by all!

Cam
www.mojoeoutfitters.com

brentbba

Explorer
Cam - you have an obvioius passionate love for cooking and you have a great product to boot! Great job at MRV! Thank you!!

Camadile

Cam - you have an obvioius passionate love for cooking and you have a great product to boot! Great job at MRV! Thank you!!

Thanks Brent! Glad you enjoyed the food (and the show!). We couldn't have done it without all the help from the awesome AAV folks.

Cam

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
Wonderful People, Great Product

I have to chime in. Cam and Co. were right behind us at Overland EXPO West. Nicer people you could not find - between invitations to dinner and allowing us to use their grill.

Did I mention that the grill really is all of that? Brilliantly simple; no, simply brilliant, it solves a half a dozen bush cooking problems.

I only hope they will be at OEXPO East; we're always hungry.

Last edited:

Camadile

I have to chime in. Cam and Co. were right behind us at Overland EXPO West. Nicer people you could not find - between invitations to dinner and allowing us to use their grill.

Did I mention that the grill really is all of that? Brilliantly simple; no simply brilliant, it solves a half a dozen bush cooking problems.

I only hope they will be at OEXPO East; we're always hungry.

Thanks so much! You, your wife and your cat added a lot to our experience at the Overland Expo! We really enjoyed cooking for you and everyone else.

Cam
www.mojoeoutfitters.com

Last edited:

Xterabl

Adventurer
Nice product, and nicely done mini marketing blitz.
I think a nice option would be a half-size Mojoe. NOT half the diameter, but half-size as in a half circle/half moon type of shape.
This of course won't cook as much, but will be more palatable for single families (like 3-6 people) who don't NEED the girth of a full circle griddle.
Also, it makes it easy to add coals to the Weber (or wood to the fire) since there is a nice sized opening.
Actually, with the half size, you can still enjoy a fire in the fire pit, and shove embers under the griddle for heating on an as-needed basis.

Camadile

I think a nice option would be a half-size Mojoe. NOT half the diameter, but half-size as in a half circle/half moon type of shape.
This of course won't cook as much, but will be more palatable for single families (like 3-6 people) who don't NEED the girth of a full circle griddle.
Also, it makes it easy to add coals to the Weber (or wood to the fire) since there is a nice sized opening.
Actually, with the half size, you can still enjoy a fire in the fire pit, and shove embers under the griddle for heating on an as-needed basis.

Thanks for the input! Believe me when I say that I really appreciate your thoughts and comments about the Mojoe. Our latest product (The Mojoe Strap-On Griddlip, available sometime this week!) came about because of comments from thoughtful people like yourself.

I was just about to go to bed when your comment came in. I am dead tired! I'll give you a detailed response in the morning!

Thanks again,

Cam

MTaco

Adventurer
Happy customer here! I ordered the Mojoe last Thursday and Cam got it in the mail for me before heading out to the Mountain Rendezvous which I really appreciated. It showed up at my door yesterday so we had to try it out last night. After cleaning and prepping it for its first use we made 1 lb of bacon, 1 lb of hash browns and 8 eggs. It took literally about 10 minutes to cook all that! :victory: Also, everything just slides right off even the eggs didn't stick and clean up was a snap. No more dirty pans to clean after cooking breakfast while out in the woods!

Excellent product you have here Cam, a real game changer! I'll get some pictures up after using it camping this weekend. :chef:

Camadile

Happy customer here! I ordered the Mojoe last Thursday and Cam got it in the mail for me before heading out to the Mountain Rendezvous which I really appreciated. It showed up at my door yesterday so we had to try it out last night. After cleaning and prepping it for its first use we made 1 lb of bacon, 1 lb of hash browns and 8 eggs. It took literally about 10 minutes to cook all that! :victory: Also, everything just slides right off even the eggs didn't stick and clean up was a snap. No more dirty pans to clean after cooking breakfast while out in the woods!

Excellent product you have here Cam, a real game changer! I'll get some pictures up after using it camping this weekend. :chef:

Thanks Mark! I told you you would love it! I am still using my four year old prototypes (I can't afford a new one, growing a business and all!) and I am still blown away by the performance!

I can't wait to see your pictures with a Montana backdrop!

Cam

Camadile

I have had several requests for a smaller diameter Mojoe but yours is the first for a half circle! Both options may be in the future for Mojoe Outfitters but right now, I have to focus on getting the original out there. Smaller diameter griddles means a lot smaller cooking surface because surface area decreases as the square of the radius. Right now, the Mojoe has pi (3.1416) sq. ft. of cooking surface.

The Mojoe is actually perfect for small families or groups! As you can see from MTaco's post, the large cooking surface and thick steel plate translates to high speed cooking. It allows you to cook a full breakfast for 2-4 people at lightning speed! If you tried to cook that breakfast on a Coleman stove, it would have probably taken over an hour. I was recently overlanding up in the White Mountains here in CA with just my buddy. We cooked every meal on the Mojoe in just minutes and the only clean-up we had to do was the spatula! This left us a lot more time to do our 4X4 explorations.

With a full load of coals in a Weber, the Mojoe will stay smoking hot for about an hour and 15 minutes. One of the main reasons for the removable handles that come with the Mojoe is to allow quick and easy removal from the heat source. So, if you need to add more coals, simply place the Mojoe on the ground with the food still on it, add the coals and set the Mojoe back on the BBQ.

The Mojoe also comes with screw-on legs for use on your campfire. With the legs attached, the Mojoe will sit about ten inches off the ground. Wood/fuel can be added to the fire by throwing it under the Mojoe. Also, the heat from the fire still radiates out to the side providing warmth for the campers. Most fire rings are bigger than 2 feet diameter (or they can be expanded) so that you can have room for both the Mojoe and a nice fire.

Thanks again for your comments! I really do appreciate it! These comments will lead to many great Mojoe products in the future - stay tuned!

Cam
www.mojoeoutfitters.com

Camadile

Mojoe Outfitters Cooks Pancakes and Bacon for 200 at the AAV Mountain Rendezvous!

You saw the pictures earlier in this thread for the American Adventurist Mountain Rendezvous. Now here is the video of the blueberry pancake and bacon action using three Mojoe Griddles:

Enjoy the show!

Cam

Xtreme XJ

Adventurer
Cam
Bit off topic here, but did you happen to own a automotive repair shop in Palm Desert Ca. years ago ??

I don't believe "Cam Stone" is THAT ! common of a name... i.e. Jim Smith and such...

The griddle looks pretty cool I'll be looking into it more...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz