Mojoe Griddle | Mojoe Outfitters Thread

Camadile

Supporting Sponsor - Mojoe Outfitters
Hello Everyone!
I am very happy to report that my company, Mojoe Outfitters, has become a vendor sponsor of this great forum. Many thanks to Chip Haven and Brian McVickers for helping me make this happen. Expedition Portal and its great overlanding community is the perfect place for me to call home – Overlanders are some of the best people that I ever meet. I have been a 4X4 adventurer/backpacker for over three decades with most of my experience in Southern California.

Mojoe Outfitters currently makes and sells only one product, the "Mojoe Griddle", but a couple of new accessories for the Mojoe will be released soon. The company was founded to design and manufacture American made products specifically for the American outdoorsman and outdoor chef. A key element of the design of these products is that they must turn conventional wisdom upside-down and provide a level of performance that far exceeds that of any other similar product in the market.

The Mojoe Griddle was developed by yours truly over a span of about 8 years. As an avid 4x4 camper, my kids/buddies and I usually set up camp in very remote, primitive sites. I got fed up with trying to cook breakfast for 4 -6 hungry guys with a Coleman stove and a frying pan - a process that always seemed to take hours with everyone eating in sequence. Eight years ago, I happened on a scrap circle of 1/4" steel plate, 24" in diameter and the lights went off in my head. I began using this disk on my campfire (propped up by rocks) and couldn't believe the performance! Absolutely nothing would stick to it and I could cook a whole pound of bacon in less than 5 minutes and eight 6" pancakes in less than two! Clean-up was a breeze too. Bacon grease just dripped off into the fire and just a quick rub-down with salt and oil was all that was needed to get it ready for its next use.

So, I started tinkering with the design. It took five different versions of the griddle and five different versions of the handles to get it right. Each new version was thoroughly tested in the outback and in my backyard. Looking at it now, the design seems so simple but you wouldn't believe the amount of thought and effort that went into it! The two main drivers of the design were: 1. That it must be able to be used on multiple heat sources (the campfire, a high output propane stove such as a Camp Chef and the Weber BBQ) and 2. The end product had to be indestructible and last for generations.

Many of you are accomplished outdoor chefs and receive great joy when you are cooking for friends and family in the great outdoors. If that is the case, the Mojoe Griddle is the perfect cooking tool for you.

I'll be posting up more info in the future whenever I release a new Mojoe cooking show on YouTube and to discuss the nuances of the Mojoe Griddle's design. In the meantime, you can use this thread to ask me any questions that you may have on the Mojoe. I want to hear any comments or opinions that you may have regarding the Mojoe even if you have no intention of acquiring one.

Check out our Website at: www.mojoeoutfitters.com

All of our Mojoe Cooking videos can be found on our YouTube channel at: www.youtube.com/user/mojoeoutfitters

I will answer any comment or question posted here so fire away!

Oh, I almost forgot, here's a picture showing how the Mojoe Griddle can be used on multiple heat sources:

DSC_0088.jpg

Cam Stone

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
I am looking forward to seeing these griddles in action again this weekend at the Mountain Rendezvous. I have a few questions about alternative heat sources, but I think I'll wait and fire them off when I see you in person. Now I am hungry!

Camadile

Nice!

Reminds me of those griddles made from old plow discs:

http://www.southwestdisk.com/southwest-discada-cooking-plow-disks/

The plow disks are more like woks so it's a different kind of cooking. The Mojoe is like a real restaurant flat top Griddle that is specifically designed for use on your campfire, high output propane stove or Weber BBQ. I'll be posting up Mojoe cooking videos periodically on this thread so stay tuned!

Cam

Camadile

I am looking forward to seeing these griddles in action again this weekend at the Mountain Rendezvous. I have a few questions about alternative heat sources, but I think I'll wait and fire them off when I see you in person. Now I am hungry!

Cool! Come on over and check it out at the MRV. If you want to try it out, bring some food over and have a go at it! At sometime during the Pancake Breakfast on Saturday morning, I will attempt to make the World's Fourth Largest Pancake. It's quite a spectacle that no kid should miss!

Oh, about the heat sources - you can use just about anything as long as it pumps out a lot of heat. I have even used the Mojoe on the top of a chimnea chimney to great affect!

IMG_0213.jpg

See you there!

Cam

Last edited:

MTaco

Adventurer
After showing my wife some of your Youtube video's last night she said "Now that is something I would actually be ok with if you bought it". She loves it, I love it, now I need to buy one.

Couple questions. How long would shipping take to 59102? We have our last camping trip of the year planned for next Thursday the 25th and I would love to bring it along. I know after my neighbor see's it and uses it he will want one too. Also, do you have a bag or carrying case in the works for it? Thanks!

Camadile

After showing my wife some of your Youtube video's last night she said "Now that is something I would actually be ok with if you bought it". She loves it, I love it, now I need to buy one.

Couple questions. How long would shipping take to 59102? We have our last camping trip of the year planned for next Thursday the 25th and I would love to bring it along. I know after my neighbor see's it and uses it he will want one too. Also, do you have a bag or carrying case in the works for it? Thanks!

Hi! You're going to LOVE it, I promise!

Shipping to Billings will take about five days. I'm heading out for the So Cal Mountain Rendezvous later today so if you want your Mojoe by next Thursday, you will need to get your order in this morning! I'll go pack one up right now for you.

BTW, the Mojoe is awesome in cold weather - even when it is snowing! You cook your food on the Mojoe, then use the carrying handles to remove the Mojoe from the heat or campfire (with the food still sizzling on it) and place the whole thing in front of your hungry campers. Everyone eats directly off the hot griddle and the food stays nice and hot throughout the meal!

Cam

Camadile

Nice looking griddle - good job on it :)

Thanks! I just got back from the So Cal Mountain Rendezvous. Mojoe Outfitters and American Adventurist hosted a Pancake and Bacon Extravaganza for all attendees on Saturday morning. We had three Mojoe Griddles going on Weber BBQs and were able to feed over 150 people in about one hour and 15 minutes. Blueberry pancakes and thick sliced bacon - Yum!

I'll post up some pictures shortly.

Cam

Guri

Explorer
Pancake and Bacon Extravaganza, one of my BEST breakfast!!!
Many thanks to you and to the crew of So Cal Mountain Rendezvous.

FJRanger

I like getting lost...
Pancake and Bacon Extravaganza, one of my BEST breakfast!!!
Many thanks to you and to the crew of So Cal Mountain Rendezvous.

I second this! The output of the 3 Mojoe's in use was unbelievable, well done:chef:

But I have to know... How much bacon, pancake mix and blueberries did the group put down:Wow1:

Thanks for supplying one to the raffle, I can't wait to give it a try!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles