Mojoe Griddle | Mojoe Outfitters Thread

Camadile

Supporting Sponsor - Mojoe Outfitters
Will you have any of these for sale at the T4T event at Pendleton?

Yes! I will bring 4 or 5 to the T4T. If you want your name on one let me know. This is a great way to save a lot on shipping costs!

Cam

Camadile

Mojoe Breakfast Burritos in the White Mountains (CA)

A few weeks ago. my buddy Brian and I decided to take a trip up to the far outback of the White Mountain Range in California. This is the home of the legendary Bristlecone Pines. We went (4WD) to a place that I call the "Valley Where Nobody Goes". It is a spot that I found 25 years ago and have been itching to go back to ever since. Finally! The moment came. We spent three days and two nights at a killer campsite that we found there and did not see a soul the entire time! It was absolutely gorgeous and pure bliss!

Anyway, we shot a video of me making some amazing Breakfast Burritos on the Mojoe Griddle while we were there at this unbelievable campsite. Here it is:

Enjoy the show!

Cam

MTaco

Adventurer
Those look tasty Cam. I really need to get a Camp Chef grill for my back yard. We've just been using the Weber. :chef:

We have been making breakfast on ours every weekend now since I got it. Can't beat the Mojoe for cooking breakfast!

Camadile

Those look tasty Cam. I really need to get a Camp Chef grill for my back yard. We've just been using the Weber. :chef:

We have been making breakfast on ours every weekend now since I got it. Can't beat the Mojoe for cooking breakfast!

Hey Mark:

The best thing about the Mojoe and breakfast is that everyone eats at the same time! I am glad that you are using it in your backyard as well as for camping. Cooking on the Camp Chef is a little different in that the center is hotter than out near the edge. This has some major benefits but it also makes things like pancakes a little trickier.

Post up a pic of this weekend's breakfast!

Cam

MTaco

Adventurer
Hey Mark:

The best thing about the Mojoe and breakfast is that everyone eats at the same time! I am glad that you are using it in your backyard as well as for camping. Cooking on the Camp Chef is a little different in that the center is hotter than out near the edge. This has some major benefits but it also makes things like pancakes a little trickier.

Post up a pic of this weekend's breakfast!

Cam

I can see how the Camp Chef would have its benefits. I'm going to use less charcoal this weekend and maybe move it all to one side so I can have a hot zone and a not so hot zone.

Is that griddle strap on your website yet? What is the price on it, I can see that being very handy.

Never mind, I see it on there now. Spoke too soon.

MTaco

Adventurer
Cabelas had a lot of their Camp Chef stuff on sale so I said why not and picked up a stove and 11lb propane bottle. The snow is going to start to fly soon and I wanted to be able to use the Mojoe year round.

Works great with the Mojoe!
IMAG1287_zps71c85cf8.jpg

Perfect hash browns
IMAG1281_zps6034be4e.jpg

Chorizo, eggs and cheese
IMAG1284_zpscdf8a2eb.jpg

Camadile

Cabelas had a lot of their Camp Chef stuff on sale so I said why not and picked up a stove and 11lb propane bottle. The snow is going to start to fly soon and I wanted to be able to use the Mojoe year round.

Hey Mark - Congrats on the new purchase! And, oh yeah, YUM! The hash browns and eggs/chorizo look awesome. You are becoming a real Mojoe Pro by the looks of it.

Looks like you have staked out a nice spot to do all your winter cooking - Just open the garage door and you are ready to go!

I have been using my Camp Chef stove a lot more on my camping trips recently, mainly because of all the burn bans in affect due to the drought out here. They have the added convenience of that other burner where you can put a cutting board to set your beer and other cooking tools, salt, etc.

Keep the pictures coming!

Cam

PS: Nice looking Taco you got there!

Camadile

Mojoe Seafood Feast in the Mountains!

Kris, Brian and I spent a whole day (a week ago) procuring locally sourced seafood and fresh veggies/fruit in San Diego County, CA. We started with Tommy Gomes at Catalina Offshore Products - our favorite fish monger! Then went over to Ralph's (Woody's) spread in Ramona to pick fresh veggies and fruit from the acreage that is under cultivation. We took all of this bounty up to the top of North Peak near Julian and cooked a gourmet feast on the Mojoe Griddle with an amazing backdrop. Here is the Video:

Have fun watching it!

Cam

Camadile

Mojoe Plasma Cutting!

Demand for the Mojoe Griddle is increasing rapidly so I placed another order for more Mojoe steel disks with my local supplier. I went down and watched the whole process of cutting the 24" steel griddle blanks as well as the ribs that are welded on the bottom of the griddle. I took pictures and video so that I can show you that the Mojoe Griddle is made in America by Americans. I have never watched plasma steel cutting before and it was an awesome experience! The computer controlled cutting head cut out Mojoe disks very fast! Here is a photo of the cutting process in work:

IMG_0718.jpg

I also took a lot of video "footage" of the cut. I also plan on shooting video of my friend, Dennis, making the handles for the Mojoe Griddle up at his shop near Palmdale. When I get that video "in the can", I will post a video of how the Mojoe Griddle is made right here in Southern California.

Cam

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Thanks god.
A machine work video.
One more of those damned cooking videos and I'd have to cut my wrists.

After that last one I was going nuts looking for prawns, figs, blue cheese and prosciutto. :D

Camadile

Thanks god.
A machine work video.
One more of those damned cooking videos and I'd have to cut my wrists.

After that last one I was going nuts looking for prawns, figs, blue cheese and prosciutto. :D

LOL! You're going to have to get some wrist braces to protect your wrists 'cause there will be more videos! But, I am going up to Palmdale on Friday to get some video of my friend Dennis making Mojoe Strap-On Griddlips. I'll get the machine work video you want posted soon thereafter!

Cam

Camadile

Campfire Pancakes on the Mojoe Griddle!

I know there are many of you out there that like to get your "Cave Man" on when you are camping and cook your meals over the campfire. I like it too! Burn bans are now ever present in the Southwest due to the drought so getting real with a campfire is getting more difficult. But desert season is upon us so let the campfires light up the night!

In the video below, I made some awesome blueberry pancakes using my Mojoe Griddle right on our campfire! My dog Mojoe also helped!

Cam

Raul B

Explorer
Cam was gracious enough to hand deliver my new mojoe grill and cook us lunch while we wrenched.
6e0671e9f8265f7e12d7e7997b7b832c.jpg

Last edited:

Camadile

Mojoe Mama Sweety's Tacos with bonus Silly Walk footage

Allrighty then! A new Mojoe cooking video has just been published: "Mojoe Mama Sweety's Tacos". This video was taken high up on the North Rim of the Long Valley Caldera at about 9,000 feet elevation. You can see the Sierra escarpment and the telltale Minarets silhouette off in the distance. This video includes special bonus footage of Sir Brian Sweet from the Ministry of Silly Walks performing a silly walk silhouetted against the Sierra Nevada.

These tacos have been a mainstay at our campsites for about 30 years because they are easy to make in quantity and oh so good. The record for the number of Mama Sweety's tacos consumed goes to my nephew, Tucker, who scarfed down seven in one sitting!

I decided to try out this recipe on the Mojoe Griddle during a recent September overlanding trip to see if I could speed up the taco making process. Major success on that front! Using the Mojoe cut the cooking time down from the normal 1 to 1 1/2 hours on a Coleman stove to about 15 minutes! I also couldn't help kicking up the recipe a few notches with some chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. Enjoy the video!

Cam

FJRanger

I like getting lost...
Outstanding Cam!

Two nights ago I cooked seared ahi steaks with sesame oil/brown sugar sauce crusted with sesame seeds for 7 in record time. We love the MoJoe! Did it all on the barbeque, sorry no pictures as it was already dark:-/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior