OME BP-51 Suspension coming 2015

the kid

Juke Box Hero
These are going on the 200

to my knowledge (one of my neighbors/friends works for ARB) the only toyota state side that has a active market application is the 200 series LC. next will be the new Tacoma and Tundras and then trickle down into the smaller rigs like 4runners ect.

i was thinking about getting a set for my GX when they are released, so i have been hounding my friend about these. he gave me a projected time of 3rd or 4th quarter of 2016... they are coming out in waves. they already have them available for JKs and 200s, they will concentrate on current model year applications, and work their way back. i also have a 97 4runner that i am interested in these for as well, and i was told probably 2017 for that, but nothing more specific. it was also brought to my attention that for me and my use i might want to stick with a 2.5" body. the BP51 is a awesome design but IMO(and others) ARB/OME really dropped the ball big time when making a 2.0 and not a 2.5, especially with the weight that most overland rigs see and the driving conditions they can encounter. sure they are remote reservoirs and adjustable but they still lack the cooling capacity that the larger 2.5" remote reservoirs have, and what are basically now the industry standard. most race teams now are using 3.0" bodys on their rigs. ARB has always been an industry leaders, why they chose this to kinda settle for mediocrity is beyond me. for me i have gone back to choosing either between Radflos of Icons(in 2.5" flavor) for my GX. i dont wanta sound like im bashing the BP51s, i just am a little shy of them at this point, the price tag is hard to swallow for only a 2.0".

Brentc

I'm with The Kid on this my 2.5 kings look way better and way more sturdy than the bp51's and probably payed less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lndhark

Adventurer
These are going on the 200

Like this one?

11416174_732744280185766_4657186744793538906_o.jpg

11262423_732737086853152_5265805577607098296_o.jpg

Please advise when these are available for either the GX/Prado 120 and/or second gen Tacoma. I will call with a Visa card number :sombrero:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Like that one yes... just not that one. Mine is silver, no chrome strips but same wheels.

Will be sure to let you know, we are bugging them weekly about stock :D

Narkhelek

I just got a press release email from ARB about these. They list the FJ cruiser as being one of three supported platforms (along with Jeep JK, 200, and Hilux). Given that the 5th Gen 4Runner is the same platform as the FJ cruiser I'm hoping they would work without modification on the 4Runner.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters

Box Rocket

Not yet. JK & 200 in stock now. 10+FJC & HiLux July/August... nothing yet on older apps but they are working towards them as they roll out. I'd expect them to literally work backward, FJC/ 2nd Gen Tacoma, 100 Series, 1st Gen Taco, 80, etc.

Here is the product release on the 200 & HiLux:
http://files.ctctcdn.com/5c925b7b001/053a3d3c-52f1-486d-99e9-6e1edeb46179.pdf

FJC:
http://files.ctctcdn.com/5c925b7b001/2821d4b2-1329-4a2a-ac37-4fa83cef0e4d.pdf

Hmm. We may need to talk. I am going to need to update the shocks on mine.

lndhark

Adventurer
Not yet. JK & 200 in stock now. 10+FJC & HiLux July/August... nothing yet on older apps but they are working towards them as they roll out. I'd expect them to literally work backward, FJC/ 2nd Gen Tacoma, 100 Series, 1st Gen Taco, 80, etc.

Is the suspension for the FJC the same for the 4th Gen 4Runner, or more specifically, compatible withe GX/120-Series (with the exception of the slight differences in the rear set-up)?

ETA: Never mind...just read the press release...looks like the FJC is built on the 150-series platform. I really need to keep up on this stuff like I once did...LOL.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Is the suspension for the FJC the same for the 4th Gen 4Runner, or more specifically, compatible withe GX/120-Series (with the exception of the slight differences in the rear set-up)?

ETA: Never mind...just read the press release...looks like the FJC is built on the 150-series platform. I really need to keep up on this stuff like I once did...LOL.

Generally speaking I believe there is a division between suspension fitments for early FJCs and the 2010-On model years due to the changeover from the 120 to the 150 platforms.

Prado 120/4Runner 4th Gen/FJC 2007-2009/Lexus GX470

Prado 150/4Runner 5th Gen/FJC 2010-2014/Lexus GX460

Last edited:

smokecheck45

FJC and 5th Gen 4Runner compatibility

Hello, new to the forum, been reeding and gathering info on here for a while, I just have a few questions.
Great info on here, thanks for posting it up.

I am in the process of selling my FJC and purchasing a 15 4Runner. Looking around the new BP-51's look they are going to be a pretty mean set up. My immediate concern is when I take delivery of the new 4Runner I am looking to put a new suspension on it so I can run larger tires and for general off road use. I dont see my self doing much rock crawling in the new 4Runner. It is going to be my dd and I try to get up in the mountains every other week. Mostly trail riding, backwoods camping. But we are planning a trip up to Alaska in the next year.

-Do you guys think it is worth the wait for the BP-51's?
-When they do come out, is the FJC/Prado/4Runner all going to be the same?

Thanks for any responses.

Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior