Does anyone have experience with the Dual XGPS160 in tandem with a Android tablet?

The_Dude

Adventurer
I am thinking of getting this and using it with a tablet via Bluetooth. I understand that you do not need cell phone reception/plan on the tablet to still use the tablet for the gps mapping images. I was just curious if anyone had experience with it. I am looking for info on consistency, ease of set up, and compatibility with the android system.

I will be using a Verizon Ellipsis tablet I came across.

I think I will be using US Topo Maps Pro and the end result is I want to be able to download a topo map and use it offline (since my tablet doesn't have a data plan) hopefully out in the sticks.

Does this sound like it would work?

Thanks!

http://gps.dualav.com/explore-by-product/xgps160/

WOODY2

Adventurer
While i don't have the 160 (I have a 150) I feel confident that this unit will do what you want and more. Your tablet probably has some type of GPS capabilities but this unit really defines accuracy. I leave mine plugged in as I use it rather than rely on battery power.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I have a bt GPS module for my android system. It works great. I figure the dual version will be fine for you.

JimBiram

Adventurer
It works great with an Android tablet and I've used mine for a year. Only negative could be battery life. I usually keep the USB plugged into the cigarette lighter all the time when in use.

Every Day is a Good Day Surfing...Some are just Better Than Others

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles