Xterra by gophere

gophere

Adventurer
My buddy came into town last weekend to pick up his new cvt from Montana outback vehicle tents. So a camping we went down to Skalkaho highway and into the sand basin area south of there. Some rain Saturday night but otherwise really nice

00e779287e702eeaa573a2f3ab58ab18.jpg

36b5a082ad4c06699afa21ba042c4782.jpg

3230719c338a990d477ac82e850f63e9.jpg

jhberria

Adventurer
Truck's looking great man. Love the hefty bumper!

How are you liking the Timbrens? I'm debating picking up a set for the rear, and going back and forth between the standard SES system and the newer active off-road style. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Ghenderson21

Man! This has me excited for vacation in Montana in a week! Just installed my suspension and rock sliders. Driving the Xterra up there to have some fun exploring.

Nice looking rig! And shadow the above comment about the Hefty, looking good!

gophere

Adventurer
How are you liking the Timbrens?

They are working out great! I went with the offroad ones mostly because of the sideways compression. I don't tow alot so it made more sense to me. Bigger woops and bumps, baby heads and stumps are now very soft when I am going alittle too fast.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

jhberria

Adventurer
They are working out great! I went with the offroad ones mostly because of the sideways compression. I don't tow alot so it made more sense to me. Bigger woops and bumps, baby heads and stumps are now very soft when I am going alittle too fast.

Good to hear. I'm leaning towards the off road version, as well, as I don't tow. I do take on fairly heavy loads when the tent and multiple days of camping gear are loaded up, however. Hmmm....

gophere

Adventurer
Good to hear. I'm leaning towards the off road version, as well, as I don't tow. I do take on fairly heavy loads when the tent and multiple days of camping gear are loaded up, however. Hmmm....
I do carry lots of gear too. Like to be comfortable in the boonies, hehe. So the original ones are more rigid for control under heavy weight, where the offroad ones are more for bumps while heavy and slow speed compression. At least I think that's it.

broncobowsher

Adventurer
Just saw you have the winch ground on the battery. Normally I would agree with that. And old school that is done correctly. But with Nissan's computer charge control you may find the battery not charging back up like it should. Look on the negative battery cable and there is an inductive current sensor. That monitors the charging of the battery. With the winch on the battery the heavy draw will look like a battery that is taking a charge too fast and the alternator will be throttled back. If you move the winch ground down to the other end of the factory ground cable (body or block ground bolt) the alternator won't be throttled back by the computer while winching.

gophere

Adventurer
Just saw you have the winch ground on the battery. Normally I would agree with that. And old school that is done correctly. But with Nissan's computer charge control you may find the battery not charging back up like it should. Look on the negative battery cable and there is an inductive current sensor. That monitors the charging of the battery. With the winch on the battery the heavy draw will look like a battery that is taking a charge too fast and the alternator will be throttled back. If you move the winch ground down to the other end of the factory ground cable (body or block ground bolt) the alternator won't be throttled back by the computer while winching.
Thanks for the info man, will swap it around!

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
Do you have any write up on your flush mounted lights and how you wired them for the rear bumper? I really like the look and would love to have some extra light back there when backing up.

gophere

Adventurer
Do you have any write up on your flush mounted lights and how you wired them for the rear bumper? I really like the look and would love to have some extra light back there when backing up.
No write up but super easy.
Lights are like 20 buck on amazon.
I used a lighted rocker from amazon too.
They are very low power so I tapped the power for the tail lights and then tapped power for the switch from the dash illumination so the switch lights up with the dash.
They are hot wired so I can turn them on whenever.
Hope that helps alittle.
They are amazingly bright.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz