SUBURBICON, Urban Escape Vehicle.

cyclic

Adventurer
I know the one thing I really wanted on my suburban was moving the fuel fill to the drivers side. Your at a good point to have that happen. After looking at mine really hard I found out I couldn't because I wanted the inside tire mount. As yours is now gone, you could swap it over to drivers side fill.

Dratwagon

Adventurer
I know the one thing I really wanted on my suburban was moving the fuel fill to the drivers side. Your at a good point to have that happen. After looking at mine really hard I found out I couldn't because I wanted the inside tire mount. As yours is now gone, you could swap it over to drivers side fill.

Now that would be nice but a whole lot of work.

cyclic

Adventurer
Not as much as you would think given the point you are at right now. Flip the tank around 180 degrees, move the outside door/fill neck to the drivers side, done. The 40 gallon suburban tanks are almost completely "cubish" and shouldn't cause any interference especially with you lifting it.

Dratwagon

Adventurer
Not as much as you would think given the point you are at right now. Flip the tank around 180 degrees, move the outside door/fill neck to the drivers side, done. The 40 gallon suburban tanks are almost completely "cubish" and shouldn't cause any interference especially with you lifting it.

Except I have already welded the sides and do to the fact that I bobbed the back I'm going with the 31 gallon tank.

cyclic

Adventurer
Either way, still a VERY cool build. Are you moving the frame horns forward, or just making brackets to fit the existing frame to where you shorten it?

cyclic

Adventurer
I was just looking at the pics a little more closely, it looks like the former tire recess, once it's back together, would make a perfect spot to put a 3 day style backpack/assault pack. Kinda like the Xterra's spot for a first aid kit.

Dratwagon

Adventurer
Either way, still a VERY cool build. Are you moving the frame horns forward, or just making brackets to fit the existing frame to where you shorten it?

Since I shortened it 13" the rear body mount lines up with the next body mount and with the 1" body lift I can leave out the rear body puck, plus im building tube bumpers.

Dratwagon

Adventurer
I was just looking at the pics a little more closely, it looks like the former tire recess, once it's back together, would make a perfect spot to put a 3 day style backpack/assault pack. Kinda like the Xterra's spot for a first aid kit.

Or a pair of optima batteries.

Dratwagon

Adventurer
Most of the body is welded up and ready for some body filler.
011-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

008-3.jpg

007-1.jpg

003-4.jpg

002-4.jpg

dieselfuel

Adventurer
damn! ive seen a lot of chopped suburbans but yours is the first one ive seen done "right." excellent work man, perfect amount removed. i'm really glad your keeping it as clean as you are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke