SUBURBICON, Urban Escape Vehicle.

Dratwagon

Adventurer
Got a great deal on C L Saturday and with a little cutting here and there and its in, I still need to drill some holes down the side rail so that I will be able to tie down anything that I put on the slide.
001-6.jpg

it holds 1200lbs but I don't think that I will load that much.
002-6.jpg

It will also make a great table or bar.:D
003-6.jpg

cyclic

Adventurer
Oh, my.................... sexy!

I'd add some L track rails, full adjustability and light weight.

Eventually I'm going to put them inside mine and completely around the top of my trailer. Makes attaching and tying stuff down very easy.

Dratwagon

Adventurer
Oh, my.................... sexy!

I'd add some L track rails, full adjustability and light weight.

Eventually I'm going to put them inside mine and completely around the top of my trailer. Makes attaching and tying stuff down very easy.

Thanks, ya I have the tracks in my truck andthey come in handy.

bowstryder

Observer
Looks very well done. Couldn't chop mine like that but I completely understand. Need some more profile shots of that beastie!!

Dratwagon

Adventurer
Im still working on it, I picked up a G O P 6500 optimizer, for those not familiar with it, it's a 6.5 diesel built by AM GENERAL for the humvees, I've torn it down to prep for a rebuild and get the turbo on.
Also decided I really need to clean up the shop and start selling some parts so I should be back to work on the bumper this weekend.

rayra

Expedition Leader
Boy that bobbed Sub is gonna screw with the eye / mind of everybody that sees it, until they figure out what they are looking at. nice fab work.

Perk:ns

Nice Bob on the Burb. I had a 93 3/4 ton CC LWB with the 6.5 TD non computer. I often thought about building a flat bed. Often considered chopping the wheel base down. I towed goosenecks but no fifth wheels. A very large oak tree across the passenger front door talked me into getting a newer truck.

Dratwagon

Adventurer
Well between work and Christmas I was able to find some time to get some work done in the shop.
004-4.jpg

Still need some paint and to wire up the LED lights.
002-6-1.jpg

I should be picking up another CUCV ambulance this week, it has a strong running 6.2, K case turbo 400, 208 that I will be swapping with my 205 and the best piece, a Gear Venders overdrive along with more one tons and misc. parts.
The 6.2 will get me running till I can build my 6.5 turbo engine.

Dratwagon

Adventurer
Picked up the cucv today, no pictures of the parts yet, with any luck I will get this parted out and the engine, trans, and t case in and running soon.
008-4.jpg

009.jpg

011-3.jpg

Dratwagon

Adventurer
So how hard is it to rebuild a turbo 400, the tranny that I want to use has a 208 tailshaft and the high millage tranny has a 205 tail shaft. Any thing I need to know ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior