LED Light Bars; Post Up Pics

CodyY

Explorer
His post probably should've read: "The main reason I run Rigid's is because I get them for free (or at least cheaper than any of you) ... but *also* because they're solid lights."
What it should have read is:

Look at my ************ Tacoma.

Rigid has decided to sponsor a lighting forum on ExPo and in celebration of that, here's a 30 % coupon code for members that have been here over 1 year.

Also, my Tacoma is the **** you all wish you had.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Ha ha ha. I wish not for a Tacoma or Toyota of any type. I will stick to my JKU. And also, not run rigids either!

Bikemobile

Adventurer
20" flood/spot combo

10888371_10202274941515134_2235248665988074184_n.jpg

10960281_10103635839250841_2518687310592040039_o.jpg

Last edited:

xathor

Just wondering if anyone has found any light bars in the sub 5000K range. The blue light really fscks with my eyes. :Wow1:

On a side note, seems like everyone around here got these for Christmas and are running around with them on during the day... all I can see are these large blobs of blue light coming at me. <vent> Kinda makes me want to ram one head on them sue him for running non DOT compliant lights. </vent>

kojackJKU

Nope. NO NON blue LED bars available. go with 4300K HID converted off road lights. You will have a **** ton more light and not stupid blue.

Summit Cruisers Jr

You could always add a filter to the bar to make the light warmer, however it does reduce the output quite a bit. Here it is on, I like that it matches my Light Forces. 5 separate 8" pieces snap on to my generic eBay bar.

image.jpg

I too have noticed quite a few people drivingn with LED pods on in the daytime. It really annoys me, so having bigger light bars to shine back at them is a nice thing. Also nice having some pods on the back to tell those people driving with them on behind to turn them off.

image.jpg

toyotech

Expedition Leader
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422075958.261777.jpg
6kLED 3x3 Pods
6kLED LightBar flood/spot combo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kojackJKU

I would hate to see the narrow pattern in the dualies if that's the wide pattern, seems like a little blob of light right in front of your rig and nothing elsewhere. I would expect to see a wide beam light put out a WIDE BEAM. With the 20", it's a little wide, but that super hot spot right in front of you is brutal. do you have it aimed low?

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
I have a friend with 4 spot duallies on his rig and they're very focused. I'd descibe them as pencil beams. You can see 4 very distinct spots of light down the road when he has them on. I think they'd be good if you want to fill in a very specific spot that isn't covered, but if you're using them as driving lights and want a nice spread, that's not what they were designed for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94