Trekboxx is looking for a donor JK and JKU for drawer system measurements

TrekboxX

Supporting Sponsor - TrekboxX
Hey folks,
As the title says, I'm looking for someone in the east Sacramento area willing to let me take some measurements and do some test fitting for a new cargo system for the Jeep guys. Preferably someone who either has no rear subwoofer or is willing to remove or relocate it.

Compensation is discounts or beer- or both!

Thanks,
David

Mike_4462

I'm south and east of Sacramento (80ish miles) with a JKU. I have the subwoofer. I may be able to help. Your products are real nice. A little out of my price range. Not sure I could live without the subwoofer. A smaller drawer with a cubby behind the sub would allow you to keep it without having to remove a standard feature found on most models.

TrekboxX

Thanks for the offer! You may be a bit far, though.. As far as the subwoofer thing- I started the thread below and have reaearched quite a bit on the web. It seems a lot of guys are relocating or removing the subwoofer. I may end up doing a model that allows for the sub given the demand, but I don't think I'm going to start with it. The jeep is small enough to try to fit a system in, without having to design around a very poorly placed sub. Forward in the cargo area would make a lot more sense, since we humans tend to load our cargo from the rear!

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/131124-TrekboxX-drawer-system-for-JK-idea-thread

A

AngryRedBird

Shame.. the back of the jeep is all ready for anything..

oh yeah that's right.. We're in Maryland.. So unless you can wait till next year when we do another anniversary run cross country.. check my (20 Years in 10 Days) travel blog post for details..

Last edited:
A

AngryRedBird

Actually.. it's supposed to be herculiner black.. just don't have the place or the time.. and the back doesn't want to cooperate.. putting on this bedliner by hand would request some stooping and bending to get into a few tight spots.. like I said.. keep me posted.. cause we've already scheduled three states for next year.. and if you're willing to wait till then.. we can make four states..
about the only thing you would have to incorp into this storage system is a way to store the soft doors in the back when they aren't mounted on the sides of the jeep..
Also.. it would need something to make up for my crappy plastic bed liner shell used as a security cover just under the duster cover.. Home made security cover, made with a discarded plastic bed liner..

Last edited:

dpsmedic

Adventurer
If you need to expand your reach I am in the south bay and could stop by on weekend runs to Tahoe.. 2013 JKU

TrekboxX

Actually.. it's supposed to be herculiner black.. just don't have the place or the time.. and the back doesn't want to cooperate.. putting on this bedliner by hand would request some stooping and bending to get into a few tight spots.. like I said.. keep me posted.. cause we've already scheduled three states for next year.. and if you're willing to wait till then.. we can make four states..
about the only thing you would have to incorp into this storage system is a way to store the soft doors in the back when they aren't mounted on the sides of the jeep..
Also.. it would need something to make up for my crappy plastic bed liner shell used as a security cover just under the duster cover..
DSCF1131.JPG
Home made security cover, made with a discarded plastic bed liner..

Well, it looks like it works!

If you need to expand your reach I am in the south bay and could stop by on weekend runs to Tahoe.. 2013 JKU

Thanks... I may take you up on it. Yeah, I'm going to need a Jeep more than once, that's for sure. It's actually quite a process. Initial measurements. Design. More measurements. More design. Make a prototype. More measurements. More design. Make a pre-production unit. More measurements/fixes/changes.... etc.

Let me know when you're passing through. For initial measurements I may just head over to the dealership...

PKayser

I have a '12 JK in San Francisco, no sub. I live and work in the city. If you're down around here ever you're free to use it.

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
Hey folks,
As the title says, I'm looking for someone in the east Sacramento area willing to let me take some measurements and do some test fitting for a new cargo system for the Jeep guys. Preferably someone who either has no rear subwoofer or is willing to remove or relocate it.

Compensation is discounts or beer- or both!

Thanks,
David

Wish we were closer geographically, David. If you find yourself coming into Oregon, let me know. I would love to help move this project forward!

A

AngryRedBird

Driving to PA today for some apples.. I had a thought.. and here is what we need.. a storage system like yours, yet one that will cover the back area of our jeep seeing how it's just going to my wife and I these area tends to hold all our camping gear.. but as I said above.. we need some sort of soft door storage incorporated into the design.. But.. here is the kicker.. Instead of having the trays pull out from the tailgate.. we need access doors in the top so I don't have to do allot of stooping..Yet be closed as not to allow for water to enter the back of the jeep. You set up would take the place of my crappy bedliner cover and the duster cover.. allowing for access doors on the drivers side as well as the passengers side.. but still allowing a few trays from the tailgate.. Just thought I've give you an idea or two.. contact me when you have this setup for our jeep..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior