Happy Accident

OverlandKyle

Adventurer
I had originally ordered a ARB slide for my 50qt fridge to go in the back of my 3rd gen but after issues with the vendor and shipping and the wrong part and disreprencies in price, I had no choice but to give up and cancel it and hold off on getting one for the time being. Turns out a front runner slide came up for sale locally so I went to look at it and lo and behold it fit perfectly. You see, this is the one made for the 4 door wrangler JKU. It fits perfectly in between the fenderwells and fits with the back seat up, one inch gap in between the rear hatch

Other option out there for the third gen if you wanted a full width slide that will fit the fridge and some 8 gal action packers

3978D2F2-1A56-4AAA-8D74-7F74A7C1F168-4510-000004CFD8D34A0A_zpsb91e8b92.jpg

3D654102-D914-4255-86AD-F48F029F26BD-4510-000004CFD57FA113_zps9db8cf00.jpg

Blind_Io

Adventurer
Now I'm wondering if I could use one of those sliders in my XTerra so I can load the cargo area and have easy access to the under-floor storage?

OverlandKyle

Adventurer
Nice find! Are those Cooper ATP tires? If so, how do you like them? E or P rated?

They are indeed the Cooper ATPs from Discount tires.. I've had them for about 10,000 miles now and I just love them.. they've taken everything I've thrown at them without any complaints... will buy them again when this set wears out...

here's another picture right after installation ( drilled four holes into the floor and bolted it in)

Bryan_FRO

Supporting Sponsor
Now I'm wondering if I could use one of those sliders in my XTerra so I can load the cargo area and have easy access to the under-floor storage?

The bolt pattern on the cargo slide is meant to bolt on the Jeep JKU easily but it can also be a universal slider for any vehicle. Let me know if the staff at Front Runner can help make this a possible application for your Xterra. The dimensions and specs are in the link below.

http://www.frontrunneroutfitters.co...-9m-jeep-wrangler-jk-5-door.html#.VByytS5dWXg

-Bryan

Bryan_FRO

Supporting Sponsor
I had originally ordered a ARB slide for my 50qt fridge to go in the back of my 3rd gen but after issues with the vendor and shipping and the wrong part and disreprencies in price, I had no choice but to give up and cancel it and hold off on getting one for the time being. Turns out a front runner slide came up for sale locally so I went to look at it and lo and behold it fit perfectly. You see, this is the one made for the 4 door wrangler JKU. It fits perfectly in between the fenderwells and fits with the back seat up, one inch gap in between the rear hatch

Other option out there for the third gen if you wanted a full width slide that will fit the fridge and some 8 gal action packers

3978D2F2-1A56-4AAA-8D74-7F74A7C1F168-4510-000004CFD8D34A0A_zpsb91e8b92.jpg

3D654102-D914-4255-86AD-F48F029F26BD-4510-000004CFD57FA113_zps9db8cf00.jpg

Awesome Accident! Do you have any feedback on the install? Any modification or drilling needed? Do you have any suggestions or feedback for us to make installing this slider easier for others 4runner owners in the future? Any info you have would be greatly appreciated.

-Bryan

OverlandKyle

Adventurer
Will I get some swag? Haha I'll have a little summary your way soon... There was some trial and error, mostly because 3 of the 4 mounting points are inboard while one is outboard. Once I factored that in, it was easy, relatively speaking

Gimme a few hours

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier