TransAmerica Trail to Overland Expo East

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
OK TAT Sandy grid road.jpg
You do realize that it no longer begins, or ends in your case, ends in Jellico, TN. Roads have changed and it now starts in Tellico Plains. Sam has updated his maps.
I stand corrected. We have Sam's latest roll charts and maps and have noted the change. We encountered a few errors in the roll charts (typos in the coordinates) and a few cases where the roll chart does not match the maps in OK & AK. We have made notes and will send them off to Sam when we are done.
Day 6 is now live on the blog. http://adventuretrailers.com/tat-day-6/
We have gone a couple of days without connection but we're having a blast!

Loved meeting you guys at the Expo East and loved the stories !! You should have seen those trees three days later after that hard frost we had !! Be sure to complete your blog as it's a great read !! Lew , we really enjoyed swapping stories !

Last edited:

junglecaptn

Remainder of TAT trip west to east

I can't find the trip after TAT Day 6 in OK? Thinking of doing the TAT from Tellico Plains to OK in early March in a stock Ram 1500 4x4 to avoid spring storms and then continue west from OK in June. Was looking forward to your trip through AK and east to see if my idea was too crazy or not. I know it's been done by 4x4 but mostly smaller vehicles.

Grabow

Adventurer
You can find a bit more info on the section that you want to do in the first few pages of our trip report in the "in progress adventures", our thread is "Trans-America Trail and Beyond" or at our blog www.adventureornothing.me I don't think you would have any trouble doing it in your truck. Lots of rain makes portions of it impassable for any vehicle though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles