RE: Front Runner fuel cans

peneumbra

Explorer
RE: Front Runner fuel cans

Has anyone had any issues with the caps on the black metal Front Runner 5 gal fuel cans? Just got some and, after getting the caps open - which wasn't easy - they will not return to their down and locked position.

Strange. By the way, "black metal" is what the cans are made of, not a type of music...:elkgrin:

luckyjoe

Adventurer
No personal experience with Front Runner, but plenty with your average jerry cans. I have noticed there is some variation in thickness of the replaceable lid seal. A slightly thicker seal can make it difficult to close. Maybe it's just the new seals?

peneumbra

Explorer
No, not the seals. I had to use a rubber hammer to get the the caps to even come near being closed. Front Runner says that after I open and close them a few times they should be fine.

Well, we'll see...

xplrn42

Adventurer
I bent the tabs on one of my Front Runner black gas cans. Wasn't very happy about that as I had just put gas in it and tried to seal the lid. I luckily fixed it with a screwdriver but I won't put gas in that one again.

Once I figured out the problem and slid the lid down the latch to the appropriate part it closed and sealed great. I need to open and shut them a few times to make sure they are solid before heading out and needing them again.

peneumbra

Explorer
Well, since I have to hit them with a hammer, I guess my plan for storing hydrogen gas in them is out the window...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior