GAP Tool Nav on Move Update

SDLR3

Observer
I hope someone has experience with this. I just got my GAP tool and I went to do all the software updates. I updated to the latest firmware and when I plug it into the truck it just seems to want to reflash the truck. After 70 minutes the truck re-starts and the tool doesn't do anything. I plug it back in and it just wants to do the whole process over again. Anyone experience this? I sent an email to GAP but don't expect to hear anything until Monday.

TIA
Dan

perkj

Explorer
I suspect you'll hear from GAP before Monday....they are normally very fast to respond. I do know the "Nav on the move firmware" is only intended for this function and this function only. I suspect once you've finished updating the truck with Nav on the move, you'll want to refirmware your gap tool to the "released" version

umbertob

Adventurer
That's my understanding as well. After reflashing the satnav in the car with the special firmware released for that purpose alone, you should revert back to the latest regular IIDTool firmware release (using the updater software), to get your tool back. Have you read the latest release of the manual yet? If not, go to http://gap-diagnostic.com/support/documents.html, download the V3.0 manual for your model and scroll down to page 62 of the pdf (if you have a Sport or LR3), there are step-by-step instructions.

Last edited:

SDLR3

Observer
That's my understanding as well. After reflashing the satnav in the car with the special firmware released for that purpose alone, you should revert back to the latest regular IIDTool firmware release (using the updater software), to get your tool back. Have you read the latest release of the manual yet? If not, go to http://gap-diagnostic.com/support/documents.html, download the V3.0 manual for your model and scroll down to page 62 of the pdf (if you have a Sport or LR3), there are step-by-step instructions.
I totally missed that. I am going to let it finish again and do that. I blame my lack of reading comprehension on the public education system.

SDLR3

Observer
It worked. Not only that I got emailed by GAP. Talk about service. It is probably 8pm on a Friday.

Mack73

Adventurer
For those with Gen 1 hardware how the heck do I get the special beta firmware?

Oh and where can I download the alternate PC interface? I swear sometimes I can't find a thing on that website.

JimBiram

Adventurer
You have to log into their website, and then it shows what firmware is available for your device.

Every Day is a Good Day Surfing...Some are just Better Than Others

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mack73

Adventurer
You have to log into their website, and then it shows what firmware is available for your device.

Every Day is a Good Day Surfing...Some are just Better Than Others

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah got that far, but I think it only shows production firmware. I updated to the new 3.0 and it doesn't show anything more than that. I'll kick them an email and see what's up.

umbertob

Adventurer
When you connect the IIDTool to your computer via USB and start the latest version of the IIDTool Updater 2 software (which you first download from the link under My Gap), after the software finds the device you should be presented with a short list of firmware files that may flashed into the module. If it's available for your vehicle - it should be if you have a 2008 LR3, as I understand it has been released to everyone and not just beta testers - one of the choices will be Special Firmware 3.something... The one you need to perform the On The Move update. Select that special firmware and click the Program Firmware button to get it, then take the IIDTool to the car and follow the manual's instructions.

PS: Instructions for using the Alternate PC over USB Interface with 1st gen IIDTools are on page 10 of the latest 3.0 manual. You will need to take your laptop along with the IIDTool to the car, and run the IIDControl program to perform the update. IIDControl should already be installed on your laptop, in the GAP Diagnostic folder. It installs automatically along with the updater, whether you need it or not. :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier