Corps of Discovery 4x4 on the trail

kcowyo

ExPo Original
I have been a little lax in making runs with the COD 4x4 guys this winter but we did get out Sunday for a little rolling around the SW corner of WY near the Uinta Mountains. On the WY & UT state line, we visited the Uintas last summer and it's a beautiful area with nary a sole in sight.

We did find some nasty of camber spots. I was too stuck dangling off the side of the trail about to roll down a ravine, to get out and take pics of the "Poop Stain of the Day Award." but I should have a couple forwarded to me tomorrow that I'll add to this thread. Oh, and no, I didn't almost roll my truck with the camper. It went through just fine. However, I don't think my friend will let me drive his Landcruiser on the trail again. :shakin:

Just a few random shots, no real trail report as we seemed to spend more time catching up and gawking over a couple of new attendees rides. I thought members here would be interested in a really good looking and well set up double cab Tacoma and a Grand Cherokee on 37's.

The group shot -

COD_4X4_009.jpg

Sean's dbl cab with 2.5" Race runner coilovers, Deaver springs, Bilsteins, fiberglass front fenders, homemade front and rear bumpers, 33" Cepeks, Lightforce 170's, etc. -

COD_4X4_023.jpg

COD_4X4_006.jpg

Lance's Grand Cherokee on 37's and I think 18's, dual ARB's and custom front and rear bumpers from Bash 'Em Bumpers out of (Craig or Rifle)Colorado -

COD_4X4_004.jpg

COD_4X4_028.jpg

COD_4X4_039.jpg

COD_4X4_035.jpg

COD_4X4_026.jpg

Yes, you were Scott, dammit -

COD_4X4_037.jpg

HongerVenture

Adventurer
kcowyo said:
Yes, you were Scott, dammit -
COD_4X4_037.jpg

TOYOTA Recovery Vehicle?
Eh... send him this linky. :elkgrin: One of my more juvenile webpages. hehe

Nice rigs all the way around... not sure how wild I am about 18" wheels no matter how big the tires (okay, so maybe with 44's they'd look better). I guess it adds to unsprung weight.

Again, nice camper there buddy... clearly the T100 was the best looking rig out there. Your truck always looks nice and sharp.

Joel

Last edited:

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Nice pics! Your rig is now looking really good with that camper shell on there. That is also a nice D-Cab.

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
I loathe "recovery vehicle" decals ... and I sell them. I imagine it'd be like prostitution - you don't like it and you're not proud of it, but its good money. I'm glad the folks on this forum are, for the most part, above these kinds of decals ... although if you want one, I'd be happy ... er ... willing to hook you up for a small price. :p

Thanks for the pics! Lovin' the T100 with the camper! :)

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Actually were it not for that Jeep and another member's Rubicon, I could have been seriously injured or at the very least, I would owe my bud Joshua, a big chunk o' cash for his 'Cruiser. So Scott's bumper sticker on his Jeep became a self fulfilling prophecy.

I came to realize, as I was sliding backwards and sideways off the trail with little to no chance of self recovery, it doesn't matter if you get help from a Toyota, a Jeep or an Amish farmer's buggy with dual Atlas T-cases. I just wanted 4 wheels back on the trail and to get out of the vehicle!! :eek:

It was particularly nerve wracking because it wasn't my vehicle. If I'd been in my own vehicle, I would have been sitting there waiting to slide and roll but planning on how I was going to spend the insurance money! Josh couldn't bear to look or watch the recovery effort, but I explained to him, (he was driving my truck with my son) that I would never drive my stuff like that. :xxrotflma

HongerVenture

Adventurer
cshontz said:
I loathe "recovery vehicle" decals...

I'm not the biggest fan of the "recovery vehicle" decals either. Actually, I am kind of. I think there is a certain amount of "in good humor" teasing that fits in on the trail. Its the braggadocio-type trash talk that I can't stand. I still want to get a Jeep Recovery Vehicle sticker for my rig... but mainly because my roommate from back in college has a Jeep and we tease each other about our 4x4's.

I'm not concerned about what vehicles I'm wheelin' or traveling with. I'd rather go on an expedition with a bunch of Jeep, Rover, etc. owners that are dependable in a pinch than a 4x4 outing with a bunch of swaggering Toyota owners.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94