101 lockers

Redranger90

Resident Stuped Hillbilly
I'm on the lookout for lockers for my 101 forward control. The axel is an oddball one from rover, and I know that companies like ARB and Detroit have since discontinued their 101 lines. I'm looking for one of two things...

1. If anyone may have a spare leftover laying around for sale or

2. I know that there is a way to remachine the sailsbury 1tonne arb locker to fit the 101 diff, but I have no idea what's involved. I would like to learn what is needed, because that seems like a more viable option for future parts purchases should I ever blow a diff.

So if anyone knows about either one, I'd very much like to have a word with you!

Best,
Mike

czenkov

Adventurer
Lead

Try Bill at GBR in SLC. He has interesting things and you never know what he might have laying around. Good luck.

Red90

Adventurer
You can get Detroits, which is a simple option for the rear. IT is not really "oddball". It is a Dana 60. It just uses an oddball side gear size. There was a group of guys in Australia that had custom side gears made up for ARBs. The rest of the normal Dana 60 locker works fine.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Bill at GBR is kind of the reason FOR lockers on 101s, definitely talk to him.

Redranger90

Resident Stuped Hillbilly
Talked to bill once before, actually. I know he has some detroits laying around, and I'm thinking about that for the rear. However, I'd also like to lock the front eventually. @Red90 I've heard of similar modifications to the salisbury one tonne arb locker for the 109's. I'd like to know more info on actually making the different side gears as I assume a detroit in the front end would make road driving... Interesting. Especially without power steering.

But if that's the case, I wonder if I could modify a Dana 60 cable locker in the same fashion???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior