2015 Chevy Colorado off road review...

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
No 'technical' trails, pretty much SoCal mountain dirt road stuff, but it seems like there's finally some stiff competition for the Tacoma as far as the new Colorado being a good starting point for a camping/overland vehicle.

Will be nice to see this segment of the truck market finally get some new blood. Bring on the diesel says I!

2015 Chevy Colorado First Off-Road Test: Yep, It's Awesome

bs0ceu478vf5davfbecd.jpg

Thanks to Andrew @ Truck Yeah for the link and picture!

superbuickguy

Explorer
Frankly, I'd buy it without the stickers. I've got stability control and traction control on my H3, it's a damn good way of cooking the brakes - and I turn it completely off when offroad. With that said, I like them a lot, but I can do lots better building it for off-road purposes

oh yeah, and ask anyone who's had one - that auto locking (not all, mind you) rear differential is junk.

NWNG

Frankly, I'd buy it without the stickers. I've got stability control and traction control on my H3, it's a damn good way of cooking the brakes - and I turn it completely off when offroad. With that said, I like them a lot, but I can do lots better building it for off-road purposes

oh yeah, and ask anyone who's had one - that auto locking (not all, mind you) rear differential is junk.

Eh, I believe the G80 is useful for what it's designed to do. I think the problem comes from people wanting to do things the REST of the vehicle is capable of doing and the G80 showing up as the weak link. Sometimes is rather catastrophic fashion.

TLDR: G80 is useful but not up to the capabilities as the rest of the vehicle, generally.

This has been my experience.

MaverickTRD

Adventurer
I think it will be a pretty cool truck with the diesel..I don't think its the first competition for the Taco...the 2nd gen frontier is no slouch!!!

cobra_4

Observer
Very cool rigs, I've had my eye on them since they announced the new generation. In 3-4 years when the diesel has all the bugs worked out I may be in the market for one.

Very cool rigs, I've had my eye on them since they announced the new generation. In 3-4 years when the diesel has all the bugs worked out I may be in the market for one.

The diesel motor going into the 2016 model has already been internationally available for a couple of years so they have had some time to work out the bugs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94