Baja Hurricane Destruction: Helping a Fellow Overlander in Need

Scott Brady

Founder
Some of you know Harald Pietschmann of Rubicon and 4WD training fame. He lives outside of La Paz and was hammered by this recent hurricane, his house damaged, etc.

Members of the community are working to provide assistance.

PLEASE READ ! Very Important Update on Harald Pietschmann

Harald has been a mentor to at least half the members of this forum and clubg since the inception of G-wagen community.
He has done so much for the G community and never asked for a penny. WITHOUT HARALDS MENTORING AND INSIGHT AND MOTIVATION THIS WEBSITE WOULD NOT EXIST nor would half the good content on P3 or Benzworld or JT outfitters.

Now hear this.... Harald is in a desperate situation. I know you are all very busy people. But this is serious this time.

The brief history...
Harald retired, took all of what he owned and moved to lovely La Paz, Baja Mexico.
He built an incredible home and put everything he had into it.

The current debacle
Now the home has, due to Hurricane Odile received great destruction.
There is also no infrastructure, no security. Harald cannot access cash, water, waste, food.
If Harald leaves his place it is subject to looting.

What Action is Already being taken
Karl is such a great guy he postponed his freaking spinal surgery that was this week to drive down with a busted back....all the way to Harald.

He leaves Monday with a great deal of fuel, water, food, in a huge diesel truck.

What we need from you, the members of the G community

What we need is to generate funds so that Karl can get Pesos to Harald at least just to get supplies.

We need you to take the time from your day on Monday to go and transfer or deposit funds in to a Bank Account at Citibank that we are setting up to handle getting pesos in cash into Harald's hands securely.

SO IF HARALD HAS MADE ANY IMPACT ON YOU, YOUR G, OR YOU JUST CARE.... donate $5 or $5000 it does not matter, no body will know how much you donate.

Again, this is serious, I know 1st hand what its like to lose your home to disasters, it is worse than anything you can imagine.

Please respond to me be sending me an email privately in order to get the bank account information!

Send EMAIL titled HELP 4 HARALD or similar to mserpe@yahoo.com
DO not send me a PM on this site.

I will email you back the wire or deposit instructions.

We cannot use paypal, because we need the cash ASAP and paypal will delay the transfer for a week to turn it to cash.....i know that's easier than going to the bank for 10 minutes, but please understand.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Most of southern Baja is beat to a pulp and it is so sad that the US mainstream media isn't giving it much attention.

Here in Phx the news will whine for days about a little flooding while not saying a word about the devestation down south.

Thanks for the alert on this.

GR8ADV

Explorer
Most of southern Baja is beat to a pulp and it is so sad that the US mainstream media isn't giving it much attention.

Here in Phx the news will whine for days about a little flooding while not saying a word about the devestation down south.

Thanks for the alert on this.

I was in Baja just this past Feb. I can't imagine what San frasiquito and Gonzaga Bay look like today if they even exist. Thanks.
baja.jpg

Scott Brady

Founder
I got an update from Mike Serpe. Harald has received cash to help rebuild the house and equipment/food/water from Karl, who drove all the way down.

Thanks to all who helped!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier