4m50 fuso injector removal

biggoolies

Adventurer
71Z5VG-Y2hL__SL1200_.jpg
I am not sure about that. This is the instructions to use the tool.

No those are designed to thread into a injector where the fuel line threads on from the top so you pull straight up the fuso ones thread on the side so you would just be pulling side ways

dlh62c

Explorer
This is all great information.

So let's say one is able to remove the injectors. What's next; replacing them entirely or can they be rebuilt?

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
This is all great information.

So let's say one is able to remove the injectors. What's next; replacing them entirely or can they be rebuilt?

I haven't looked at the Fuso ones specifically, but yes you can get injectors rebuilt - or swap out for a rebuilt set with a core charge like an alternator or whatever.

biggoolies

Adventurer
Oh maybe my bad did not realize the injectors come apart like that..

Once I got my tool built had all four injectors out in minutes and had no chance of getting dirt or dust in them

Sounds good. I like to hear minutes. I have to take mine out. Did you have them cleaned or rebuilt? What was the result?
Darcy

boostin

Adventurer
Sounds good. I like to hear minutes. I have to take mine out. Did you have them cleaned or rebuilt? What was the result?
Darcy

I actually have a very low mile spare engine so I pulled those and had them cleaned and tested.

They definitly fixed my problem..I want to take my original ones in to see what was wrong with them still.

biggoolies

Adventurer
I actually have a very low mile spare engine so I pulled those and had them cleaned and tested.

They definitly fixed my problem..I want to take my original ones in to see what was wrong with them still.

What was the problem? What did you experience?

boostin

Adventurer
Basically any thing over half throttle the engine seemed to cut out and run on two cylinders..turn off..restart ran fine..kept under half throttle run all day no problem..more black spike l smoke then should be.

I think the nozzles where super worn out and super over fueling.

westyss

Explorer
Basically any thing over half throttle the engine seemed to cut out and run on two cylinders..turn off..restart ran fine..kept under half throttle run all day no problem..more black spike l smoke then should be.

I think the nozzles where super worn out and super over fueling.

Thanks for sharing the information, what was the mileage on the truck when it started to act up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94