2015 JKUR SC Overland Build

au bronc n jk

Well,
I ordered my 2015 JKUR about 6 weeks ago, and it finally came in last week. I've accomplished a lot in a week's time, however still have a lot to do. Trying to get it finished before the Overland EXPO in Asheville next weekend... So far i've installed:

1. AEV Heat reduction Hood
2. AEV Corner Guards
3. ARB Stubby front bumper
4. Warn 9.5 CTI-S Winch
5. ARB Intensity LED Lights
6. AEV REar Bumper and Tire Carrier
7. AEV Tire Carrier Gas Caddy
8. Rigid D2 Dually Backup/Camp Lights on AEV Bumper/Tire Carrier
9. PSC Brawler Rocker Guards
10. S-Pod

I'm currently installing:
1. AEV 3.5 Dual Sport SC suspension LIft
2. ATX Ravine Wheels
3. 35x12.50R17 BFG KM2's
4. Artec D44 Axle Gussets
5. Artec D44 LCA Skids
6. Offroad EVO axle sleeves
7. Synergy Front and Rear Track Bars
8. Synergy Tie Rod
9. Synergy Rear Coil Wedges
10. Synergy Sector Shaft Brace and Track Bar Brace
11. Synergy complete UCA, LCA, and Track Bar hardware Upgrade Kit
12. Synergy Upper/Lower HD Ball Joints

Here's a few pictures of the axle tear down and gusset/sleeves/lca skid install that i am working on. More photos to come next week...(as i'm traveling to AL thurs-sat and will get back to it sunday).

Future Mods:
1. Gobi Roof Rack
2. CVT MT Shasta RTT
3. Rigid 48" Light Bar
4. 4.56 or 4.88 Gears
5. ARB Compressor
6. Dual Batteries
7. ARB Fridge and Slide
8. RCV Axles

Thanks.
Luke

Attachments

• artec gussets and lca skids.jpeg
    artec gussets and lca skids.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 69
  • artec gussets installed.jpeg
    artec gussets installed.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 71
  • front axle removed.jpeg
    front axle removed.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 69
  • gussets and skids.jpeg
    gussets and skids.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 69
  • tear down.jpg
    tear down.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

HRPINDC

Adventurer
Wow! That's seriously ambitious for a week. I like your build plan. I am looking forward to seeing pix when you're all done. Good luck!

au bronc n jk

yea it's been a busy week thus far... however, when i had 6 weeks to stock up parts and plan... i'm anxious to get it finished. This is my second JK build (previous 2012 on 37's with long arms), but this will be the first 'overland' style JK i've built. I'll keep the pictures coming.

davisi

To say that this build is moving quickly would be an understatement. It sounds like its gonna be pretty awesome though!

au bronc n jk

Yea, the wife complains that when i put my mind to something, i let it consume me until it's finished. Being a mechanical engineer that loves to turn a wrench, weld, fabricate, and offroad... I definitely get into something full force and want to be thorough. My motto has always been design/build it right the first time (as long as the funds allow)!

Had to go back and add that i am also installing Synergy HD ball joints.. Even though the jeep only has 1600 miles on it so far, i don't want any weak links to spring up in the next few months.

Aside from the Overland Expo next weekend, the wife and i also have two trips to CO planned (one in Feb for snowboarding, skiing, snowshoeing.. and one in August to hit up the San Juans). We are also planning a trip to Moab for the Easter Jeep Safari and a two day trip on the White Rim trail in Utah while we are out there..

More to come..

Luke

HAFICON

Adventurer
Very nice... looks fun can I suggest on the Truss and C's get some Eastwood Inner frame coating and spray in there. I had a TnT truss system installed on mine and the shop did no do anything to protect the inside of the Truss from rusting. I recently did my frame and truss with the inner frame coat maybe it will help.

To do mine over again j would have had the housing sent out for power coating after it was welded back up.

James

Edit: I re read your post I see you did sleves C's gussets and not a truss system.

au bronc n jk

A few more photos of today's work (took fri and sat off as i was out of town).

I axle is back in, Synergy Bolt kit installed, Bilstein shocks, AEV Coils, Synergy Track Bar, Synergy Chromoly HD Tierod, OME Stabilizer (needs to be rotated), and extended SS brake lines... Front end is 80% complete... Still waiting on a 7/8 " Drill bit to drill out the Passenger side steering knuckle for the HIgh steer kit, and My Synergy HD Ball Joints are supposed to be here tomorrow..

I will get a good jump on the rear suspension tomorrow (hopefully finished) after work.

Tuesday planning to finish up whatever is left on rearend, and start/finish the Synergy Ball Joint installation..

Wednesday, i hope to drill out the steering knuckle (drill bit supposed to arrive tues), install high steer drag link, and put the wheels and tires back on. Then INstall the geometery correction brackets, and torque everything down.

Thursday, planning to set the toe, and center the axles and take for a test drive!

Things are winding down, as the EXPO is saturday.. Only have 5 more days to get it wrapped up!

Attachments

• front end aev.JPG
    front end aev.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 45
  • aev front.jpeg
    aev front.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 44
  • aev front end 2.jpeg
    aev front end 2.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 43

davisi

I see that you're in SC. What city?
I live in Columbia for school and Charleston over the summer/winter breaks.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Yea, the wife complains that when i put my mind to something, i let it consume me until it's finished. Being a mechanical engineer that loves to turn a wrench, weld, fabricate, and offroad... I definitely get into something full force and want to be thorough. My motto has always been design/build it right the first time (as long as the funds allow)!

Had to go back and add that i am also installing Synergy HD ball joints.. Even though the jeep only has 1600 miles on it so far, i don't want any weak links to spring up in the next few months.

Aside from the Overland Expo next weekend, the wife and i also have two trips to CO planned (one in Feb for snowboarding, skiing, snowshoeing.. and one in August to hit up the San Juans). We are also planning a trip to Moab for the Easter Jeep Safari and a two day trip on the White Rim trail in Utah while we are out there..

More to come..

Luke

This drives my wife nuts as well, she goes on with how I'm obsessed with whatever I'm tinkering with or hobby I'm interested in at the time until I'm finished. 3 out of our 5 cars are fun/hobby vehicles and we won't even get into hunting and fishing. Most of my friend are engineers and my wife works for the school of engineering at the local university, so it's no wonder I have such tendencies. I look forward to the rest of your build.

au bronc n jk

I'm in Seneca, SC.. The wife and I are in greenville at least once a week for running/eating/etc.. (i'm also training for an IronMan triathlon for next year)..

As far as the build goes, work has been wearing me out lately.. I got to work on it for about 2 hours tonight and got all the Rear Upper/Lower Control arm hardware swapped out for the grade 8 Synergy bolts.. Tomorrow i will get the rear end finished up (remove/install new springs, new track bar, shocks, etc). Hopefully my 7/8" drill bit will be here tomorrow evening so i that on wednesday i can drill out the steering knuckle and install the high steer kit. Thursday is looking like Ball Joint replacement/upgrade and friday should be test drive/alignment... just in time for shakedown drives prior to heading to Asheville on Sat morning bright and early for the EXPO!

More pics to follow when there's something to take photos of (didn't think zinc-coated grade 8 hardware was worthy of pic posting.. lol).

Luke

poriggity

Explorer
I for one appreciate someone who knows what they want, and takes a band new rig apart to build it. It had to be a heck of a lot easier to loosen all those newly tightened bolts :)

au bronc n jk

I got busy with the Expo East and forgot to post up a couple photos of the 'work in progress.'

I'm trying to decide between a Gobi Roof Rack and RTT or a AT TearDrop or MOBY1 XRT Trailer...

Guess i'll have to attend the EXPO WEST in Flagstaff on 5/17/15 next year to take a look and decide on a trailer.

Attachments

• 2015 JK.JPG
    2015 JK.JPG
    366.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 2015 JKUR.JPG
    2015 JKUR.JPG
    481.1 KB · Views: 26

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles