ORC rear door check

ILIAN

Adventurer
Does anyone stateside sell the ORC rear door check stops that allow the doors to open 90 degrees? I think that would be very handy to us overlanders since the rear doors are too narrow. Maybe we can do a group order if there is a demand. They are not that expensive just over 100 euros. Or we can ask Carl from gwagonaccessories to order some and sell them on his website. I just dont want to pay a lot for shipping and give my card number to someone overseas.
ORC P/N for these is 1020313.

otiswesty

Regular guy
Does anyone stateside sell the ORC rear door check stops that allow the doors to open 90 degrees? I think that would be very handy to us overlanders since the rear doors are too narrow. Maybe we can do a group order if there is a demand. They are not that expensive just over 100 euros. Or we can ask Carl from gwagonaccessories to order some and sell them on his website. I just dont want to pay a lot for shipping and give my card number to someone overseas.
ORC P/N for these is 1020313.

I would be in for a set. It would not be that hard to have a set built by any basic welder, but it would be super convenient to have a core set so that there is not a period of driving about without the check strap in place.
Eric

ILIAN

Adventurer
Anyone have experience ordering from ORC? Do they speak english? Do they accept paypal? Do they sell on ebay.de? We need more people to bring the price down.

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
Anyone have experience ordering from ORC? Do they speak english? Do they accept paypal? Do they sell on ebay.de? We need more people to bring the price down.

Yes on the English, and better than most of us here speak German. Doubtful on Ebay.

Vegard_S

Adventurer

Yes,
'
I have ordered parts from them many times, and also been at their shop just outside of Stuttgart. They are a serious company, and their equipment is of good quality, but a bit costly compared to other manufacturers... They speak speak and write in English

otiswesty

Regular guy
Alexandra at ORC is very easy to deal with. She typically handles the emails from USA clients. I would not expect any kind of group buy discount from them though. I have heard that Vlad at Fourbyfourclub is their official representative in USA, but in my experience of a prior conversation with him, this does not result in any savings in shipping costs from Germany.

otiswesty

Regular guy
W463DoorStop.jpg
Here is a pic of one from the fourbyfourclub website.
These are lengthened by 13mm to allow full 90 degree opening of the rear doors.
Handy for having a sliding drawer that is able to come out of the side door.

Attachments

• G_2143.JPG
    G_2143.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

mgmetalworks

Explorer
View attachment 249517
Here is a pic of one from the fourbyfourclub website.
These are lengthened by an inch or so to allow full 90 degree opening of the rear doors.
Handy for having a sliding drawer that is able to come out of the side door.

Thank you for the picture. I might try to get a hold of one and see what it would take to re-engineer it. I'll definitely want that feature when I pick up a G.

Mastodon4x4

I have a wholesale account with gfg-shop.de they supply orc with a lot of there parts. I'm filling a container at the moment so if anyone needs parts please let me know. Tim Golden 615-557-3825 Mastodon Motor Company/RMR4x4

Last edited:

ILIAN

Adventurer
You have 3 of us interested but you can get a few more if you like. We can spread the word so you shouldn't have a hard time getting rid of them. If you need a prepayment I can send you the money with paypal. PM me your paypal email.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Oooh, I could have really used a set of those. How much Tim#MMC/RMR4x4?

So all ORC is doing is modding the factory door checks?

ILIAN

Adventurer
I recently met this guy at the Vermont Overland Rally who is planning of importing some early 90's 2 door 461's from germany. I asked him if he could bring us some ORC parts when he fills a container and he said no problem. We are going to have to wait till spring for this parts to arrive. I am going to ask him to get 5 sets of this door checks.

ILIAN

Adventurer
Otiswesty, do you have an account with ebay.de? Can you please find out how much the total cost it's going to be? If you can buy a few and sell us the rest would be nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles