ORC rear door check

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
I recently met this guy at the Vermont Overland Rally who is planning of importing some early 90's 2 door 461's from germany.

It would be interesting to know how he plans to do this, since they are less than 25 yrs old.

otiswesty

Regular guy
Both the front and rear side door checks are the same, part number 4637200116. These are available new for $30 online. I'll get one of these modified door checks over with my next parts shipment and we'll go from there. I expect it will be a couple months before I have one ready to go though.

otiswesty

Regular guy
Otiswesty, do you have an account with ebay.de? Can you please find out how much the total cost it's going to be? If you can buy a few and sell us the rest would be nice.

Sign in and account info are the same for ebay.de and ebay.com

Left and right, front and rear, side door checks are all the same, MB part number A4637200116. These are available new for $30 online. I'll get one of these modified door checks over with my next parts shipment and we'll go from there. I expect it will be a couple months before I have one ready to go though.

otiswesty

Regular guy
I now have a 90 degree door check coming over with some other parts from Germany.
I will be ordering a few original door checks for modification and will sell them with a core deposit depending on what my local fabricator wants.
I'm thinking we can do it for around a $100 a set.
PM me with your interest and contact info and I will send out emails with more specific information.

ILIAN

Adventurer
I only need one modified one and I can make the rest myself out of my original ones. Any other cool items for the G you are getting from Germany? Maybe it's something we have never seen before.

otiswesty

Regular guy
I only need one modified one and I can make the rest myself out of my original ones.
Any other cool items for the G you are getting from Germany?
Maybe it's something we have never seen before.

That is my plan too. I'm happy to send off the modified on once I get a set done. Saves me a bunch of hassle too, but they can be made pretty easily here once the jig is set up.

Some nice non-USA stuff coming over that was available on the Pur edition Gwagen, I'll post it up when it get here.
Eric

otiswesty

Regular guy
Here it is. This is actually a 461 option part, it will be going in my G next week unless I get a PM that someone really wants one or a set of two.
They will be $100 a set if I am getting them made, half that for a single.

Attachments

• DoorCheck.jpg
    DoorCheck.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 25

ILIAN

Adventurer
If you can make them without welding and looking nice like that then I would like a set made. Please send me a PM with your payment info when you have them ready.

otiswesty

Regular guy
I met with the fabricator yesterday. He says he will CNC cut them rather than a welded extension. The pricing is pretty accurate.
I will follow up on PMs once they are close to being ready.
Eric

otiswesty

Regular guy
Well I have a final decision from the fabricator. The door stops can be built with a flat bar, but they will not hold the door at the open position without further modifications to the bar matching the MB supplied part. Manufacturing an extended door stop plus the cost of a core unit would likely equal or exceed the cost to purchase a MB unit. My recommendation to those interested would be to put together a group buy from Guido Matthes at Offroad-World to save on shipping and get them for circa 60 Euro apiece. These are getting cheaper by the day with the exchange rate.
http://offroad-world.com/
ebay@industrytools.de

otiswesty

Regular guy
$100 a set might be a little optimistic, but I got a response from Guido and minimum 15 for a discounted price, plus shipping from Germany and posting forward here in a small flat rate box USPS.
I received a few PMs with the original post and would like to ask anyone interested to recontact me with approval at $140-150 plus Paypal fees per set. I'll need about 50% prepaid for a go ahead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94