2008 F450, motor swap, multi purpose truck.

coastal616

Adventurer
Bit of an update, time to make it 4wd again. Seeing as all Medium duty transmissions are 2wd, I needed to divorce the stock transfer case to make it work again. I've never torn apart a T-case, but it was fairly straight forward, after I had it back together, I sent it to Big Country Customs to mount it. They have in house CNC plasma technology, so I figured I'd rather them just make the complicated brackets to mount this thing.

Stock input vs Divorced input

The Guts:

Reassembled:

Blurry shot of 1 of the new crossmembers and the small driveshaft between the trans and t-case:

coastal616

Adventurer
Thanks!

Got the truck back from BCC...looks pretty fancy underneath now. The front driveshaft was pretty long, so the steady bearing from the rear shaft was used to make the front a 2 piece, and the rear is now a 1 piece. The whole thing has 3 crossmembers, and the tcase is mounted front and back to hold it secure and it has a pretty sexy skidplate to protect it now.

OR2BAJA

Observer
The reason I ask is that it makes a huge difference in reliability and drivability. Adding the hard parts like radius arms and track part keep the wear down on other parts like steering box and linkage.

CYRUS888

Observer
Not really, unless the radius arms break somehow or I actually use this truck beyond the limit of the shocks.

Hey Rob try to get your hands on ICON or BDS 4 link once your radius arm craps out.
Ride quality on 4 link is just amazing and works really well offroad too.
Now that you got your transfercase in, let's go give that big boy a shake down buddy!!! :smiley_drive:

coastal616

Adventurer
The reason I ask is that it makes a huge difference in reliability and drivability. Adding the hard parts like radius arms and track part keep the wear down on other parts like steering box and linkage.

Hey Rob try to get your hands on ICON or BDS 4 link once your radius arm craps out.
Ride quality on 4 link is just amazing and works really well offroad too.
Now that you got your transfercase in, let's go give that big boy a shake down buddy!!! :smiley_drive:

I guess I'm still in amazement of how nice this thing drives compared to stock...I haven't even thought it could be better yet lol I need to get a push pull cable made up and I should be ready to take it for a rip. ;)

Darwin

Explorer
Waiting to see the P-Pump that goes in there. Those things are a work of art, I love how they are all mechanical, pure genius.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne