2008 F450, motor swap, multi purpose truck.

coastal616

Adventurer
Amazing build! Interested to see how that p-pump works out.

Maybe I missed it but were you able to retain any dash functionality such as speed, tach, temp and such?

Unfortunately no. Im sure it could have been done but it was beyond my patience and skill. Maybe someday!

I'm so busy right now and I desperately want to get the p-pump in along with the new turbo....soon!

coastal616

Adventurer
I just moved, so the truck has been used as a work horse hauling stuff up the mountain... I live at the top and it's steep. Lol not much time for working on trucks anymore, so no real updates.

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
Looks like you are still building something cool judging by what is on the trailer, and looks like the truck is working well for you!

crazy

Adventurer
Awesome truck. Did you install the P-pump? How may miles have you put on the swap. Also, why aren't the youtube videos working?

justcuz

Explorer
Lockers and LSD

Wow, what a neat truck! I love the convertibility of the bed configurations.

Thought I would contribute a little on your search for a Locker. It seems that no Detroit Locker is made for this application, however you may be pleased to know that the factory limited slip is a True-Trac. This is not a clutch pack type limited slip but the Torsen style helical gear LSD that delivers power to the wheel with the most traction.

Looking forward to more updates after your home project is done, the truck is super.

Super nice job those guys did on your t-case mount and skid plate too.

coastal616

Adventurer
Awesome truck. Did you install the P-pump? How may miles have you put on the swap. Also, why aren't the youtube videos working?

Nope... Lol some day! But I did pull the fuel screw out of the a-pump, and put in an he351 turbo from a dodge and that really woke it up... Its actually fun to drive now. ;) I accidentally deleted the wrong YouTube account and haven't bothered to fix it up. Also on the someday list! Lol

coastal616

Adventurer
Wow, what a neat truck! I love the convertibility of the bed configurations.

Thought I would contribute a little on your search for a Locker. It seems that no Detroit Locker is made for this application, however you may be pleased to know that the factory limited slip is a True-Trac. This is not a clutch pack type limited slip but the Torsen style helical gear LSD that delivers power to the wheel with the most traction.

Looking forward to more updates after your home project is done, the truck is super.

Super nice job those guys did on your t-case mount and skid plate too.

Hmmmm well that's good to know, maybe I even have one lol. Thanks for the heads up!

Observer
If you still have the ID tag on the axle housing. It will say S110L or something similar. The last letter designates. L is limited slip.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449010056.321810.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior