hub adapter for trailer

fifty

Adventurer
Hey all,

I have a m101a3 that I want to run matching tires/rims as my truck on. I am having trouble finding hub adapters that use the same lugs. I need to go from the 8x6.5 of the trailer to the 8x170 of my truck. But my truck uses the 14x2mm studs and not the 14x1.5mm studs that I can find everywhere.

Anyone have any ideas or links for me?

Thanks!

nely

Adventurer
Chris from ujoint offroad sells these spacers for his 4x4 van conversions. Maybe email or call him and see if he can source them with the 14mm 2.0 pitch

highlandercj-7

Explorer
No one makes and axle in that goofy ford bolt pattern, they are all 8 on 6.5" hubs standard. If he wants to run the matching wheels of his rig, he will need adapters, Unless they weld the hubs and redrill their own holes.

Curmudgeon

Adventurer
No one makes and axle in that goofy ford bolt pattern, they are all 8 on 6.5" hubs standard.
You have to wonder why Ford changed something that has been an industry standard for decades. It's kind of like 5 on 4.5", which has been used all over the world since early in the last century. Why would a manufacturer change to an oddball, unless they want to force you to buy something only they make? This was not one of Ford's better ideas.

I just recently changed a trailer from 6x5.5 to 5x5.5 to match my Scout. It was as simple as buying new Dexter hubs/drums for $65 each. They have all common lug patterns available, but not 8x170.

djglover7

All,

I have been trying to locate trailer hubs for 2016 Silverado 2500. NO LUCK.

The *NEW* GM pattern starting 2011 (?) is 8x180mm (8x7in). The old pattern was 8x165mm(8x6.5).

Any leads appreciated.

Dennis in Texas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online