minimalist truck camper/dirtbike hauler project

leelikesbikes

Adventurer
ive been working on converting this topper into a camper, i want to be able to haul a couple dirt bikes and have a warm place to sleep. im gonna build some benches that convert into a sleeping platform/bed. keeping it simple with no plumbing, just a catalytic heater and some led lights. theres five feet of headroom inside, so enough to hang out when the weather is bad, cook, and sleep. gonna mock everything up with osb, use it and fugure out what i like and what i dont like, then probably do a welded thin guage steel/ridgid insulation/aluminum skin final product. its pretty light right now (i can pick up one end by myself) and i wanna keep it that way. if anyone has a good source for led's, seat cusions, etc let me know, thanks.
IMGP0201.jpgIMGP0202.jpg

juicifer

This is my ultimate goal as well, getting a hard sided camper with dirt bike capability. Are you planning on loading the bikes inside?

leelikesbikes

Adventurer
yeah im planning on being able to put the bikes inside, i havent been making much progress lately, im building a house, i do wanna get the camper out once before were deep in winter and im too busy snowbikeing:ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke