Anyone want to rent me a PLB

motor-vater

Observer
Heading from LA to Reno and going to be backpacking in and around Tahoe, would love to have a PLB but this is the only time I would ever need one.. Would leave cash deposit and need it for a week???

CaliMobber

Adventurer
Pick up a beofang ham radio from amazon. $30 shipped and I guarantee you can reach a repeater from anywhere near tahoe. high peaks all over. Even if you dont have you licence you can bring it with a list of local repeaters in case.

Good luck with plb.

Crom

Expo this, expo that, exp
Pick up a beofang ham radio from amazon. $30 shipped and I guarantee you can reach a repeater from anywhere near tahoe. high peaks all over. Even if you dont have you licence you can bring it with a list of local repeaters in case.

Good luck with plb.
It's tempting to recommend amateur radio, and while this may seem simple enough, for non hams it's anything but. Repeater offsets, CTCSS access tones, VFO / frequency selection, the fact that some repeaters are not monitored all the time, add in the Chinese programming and you have a complicated problem. Probably the last thing they need.

PLB all the way. Good luck OP. I bought my ACR PLB in 2010, I carry it on all my trips. I'm also a ham and I do carry HT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94