something different from china

bigden

hi all
new to the forum and I thought I would show you my 2010 great wall x240

imgur
not your usual expedition vehicle

the car is sold in Australia as an x240 but in other places around the world it is called a hover or a havel and it is based on an Isuzu axiom that was sold in the usa around 2000
in some countries its been sold with a 2.5 or 2.8 diesel, I believe the Isuzu axiom came with a 3l petrol v6. unfortunatly it was released in Australia with a 2.4 petrol engine that is a 4g69 Mitsubishi, indeed it still has Mitsubishi stamped on the valve cover
the car has become unloved in Australia for a number of reasons but I must say I have had nearly 4 years of trouble free driving and its taken me on many remote trips

click image upload

I have done many mods with parts coming from all over the world and have ended up with 4x4 contacts in some strange places
I will write up all the mods at another time
hope you enjoy something different
dennis

bigden

hansrober, a couple more pics for you

free image uploading

image upload free

while the car was reasonably capable in stock form I have done a lot to it to get to where we are today

steel bullbar
steel rear bar with wheel carrier and jerry can holders
warn winch
Detroit locker in rear
Russian trutrac locker in front
4.88 ring and pinions up from 4.22
32" mud tyres up from 29"
2" suspension lift with ironman shocks
1" body lift
under body armour for the front and under transfer case
custom rock sliders
snorkel

there must be more but I cant think at the moment

the rear bar I imported from china, the Detroit locker is a modified 8" Toyota from summit racing in the US.
the front trutrac a torsen geared lsd from a fellow I have come to know from Russia.
he also supplied the ring and pinions(also 8" Toyota in the rear) and also a modified rear trailing arm that I am in the process of fitting
the snorkel is from a Mitsubishi ute

its been interesting chasing gear up all over the world

dennis

bigden

I had wondered how much was interchangeable between the great wall and the axiom but now I think not much besides sharing a basic body. and if the axiom is uncommon anyway its not a place to look?
I have seen great walls with calmini front upper control arms from an 98-04 Isuzu amigo so they do share a bit with Isuzu. my new rear trailing arm is similar to what calmini offer for the amigo.

on the subject of calmini
can someone tell me if those calmini upper control arms create lift or only correct alignment, on a car with torsion bar front suspension?

couple of things I forgot to mention , I build some rear drawers to hold all my gear

upload image free

the roof rack is from a Toyota prado and I have added LPG

I will see if I can find some aussie off road pics for you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier