Norco Bigfoot

MN_Disco1

I thought I would post a little bit about my new adventure machine. I have a 94' Disco and 07 TW200, but with 2 kids it is hard to get the adventure time in.

I had a chance to ride a buddy's Surly Pugsley and thought it was a blast.

Being in Minnesota the Fat Bike thing seems to work in winter so I started looking. Fat Bikes are $$$ so I started to see if I could find one under $1k. That brought me to the Framed Minnesota 2.0 and the Norco Bigfoot.

I had a chance to take both for a spin and decided to go with the Norco....

b72582ba9bd4bf4b0a8bda0bcf8eb9a2.jpg

So far I am pretty happy with the bike. I had a chance to get it out in the trails and found it to work out pretty well. I am hoping do a bike packing trip at some point and hope it will be a good platform.

I also had to figure out a way to haul the bike....

I started with a pintle hitch mount as the platform for the rack. It was the most expensive part at $40. From there a bought some superstrut, threaded rod and went to fit it all up. I added a vertical member with a quickfist clamp to steady the bike to aid in adding straps to secure it. The maiden voyage seemed to tote the bike around well. I will likely switch a few things around.

371548db76f3c614595c2faf5cab3e90.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fortel

Adventurer
Nice. I like the black and red color scheme. Also like the fabbed up tray mount, there would be no way to get a fat bike on my Saris rack.

MN_Disco1

Thanks! I had never heard of the Norco Brand. They are based out of Canada, there happened to be a store in St. Paul where I could check it out.

They are pretty fun to ride for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neonasty

That looks like a bunch of fun! Ive never had the chance to ride a fatbike. There still pretty rare in Australia at the moment. I think Ive seen one on the streets.

I'm very impressed with your bike mount though. I think I'll steal that idea for myself and modify it a little. Well done.

Have you gone on any adventures with it yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94