RTT, kids, and dogs?

Lacy Hershey

Adventurer
Anyone out there have a RTT with kids and dogs?

Really wanting to get an RTT but just trying to figure out the sleeping arrangements for the rest of the family. Currently one child and 4 dogs. That's right 4 dogs, 200lb worth. We are currently using a Coleman ground tent and packing wire dogs cages and setting them up in a ez-up tent next to our tent. Would like to figure out another configuration. I know what this many it will be hard but just trying to think outside the box.

tarditi

Explorer
if you get a RTT with ground vestibule they could stay in that on the ground level... frankly, the kennel tent arrangement you have may already be optimized.

java

Expedition Leader
I have a kid and 2 100lb dogs. They all sleep down in the changing room. Kid on a cot, dogs on the floor. I just keep the zippers at the top of the door opening and they don't really try to escape. They know zippers though.... Have to be up high if you want them in the tent in the morning.....

java

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the input. I figured the annex would be the best bet. Does most annex/changing rooms have a floor?

I believe most do. My CVT has a PVC floor, same material as the travel cover. I have an indoor outdoor rug I throw down, makes it not feel like plastic on the feet, and keeps dog claws off the floor at the same time.

lysol

Explorer
Get the RTT tent that has the ladder going down directly into the ground annex instead of outside the annex.

Lacy Hershey

Adventurer
I think this would be best. I've seen both ways and thought it would be nice to have the ladder out of the weather. Thanks for the reminder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz