A Different Type of Build

drobb

Adventurer
Right on! We've done several Sequioa's at the shop, just keep thinking outside the box and your mod list will never end.

Thanks flyingwil.......She's BIG, she's heavy and fondly known as "Bertha". There's not a lot of support for the Sequoias......so most is custom, which makes ya have to think wayyyyyy outside the box :)

Derek24

Explorer
Thanks Derek...... but good 'ol CA requires one and the last thing I need is a reason to get pulled over:littlefriend:

btw...Did you call BAMuffler yet? Go order one!!!!!!.........lol

Yeah I hear ya. Haven't called yet. Been busy with my truck, but soon!

vr4z06gt

I am jealous for the lack of rust....the northeast just destroys cars. We just bought an 08 V8 4runner with such little amounts of rust which is awesome (it only had 45k miles)...but it won't be long until the cancer sets in :mad:

Either way great build man....be thankful for the lack of salt.

brushogger

Explorer
Very nice! I considered a Sequoia before I bought the FJ. When researching it, I found very few builds. Well done sir. It's nice to see a good one.

drobb

Adventurer
I need to get a brake controller. I have been looking at a Tekonsha Prodigy P2 or P3. Would like to hear pros or cons from experience.

Thx!

Pathfinder

Adventurer
I use the Prodigy P2 in my Tundra, and it works fine - No problems and it just plugged right into the Toyota wiring harness.

drobb

Adventurer
I use the Prodigy P2 in my Tundra, and it works fine - No problems and it just plugged right into the Toyota wiring harness.

Thanks Pathfinder!....the P2 looks like it will work fine.

...on another note. I was doing some general cleaning on the Sequoia the other day. Someone had inquired about the rear cargo area. Here's a pic......and yes, there are 12 tie down points with the 3rd row seats out (our usual configuration).....gotta luv it :D

sequoia_rearcargo.jpg

Last edited:

drobb

Adventurer
Totally agree Derek!

Well it's desert season. Making our first shake down run today with the new Sequoia setup. Can't wait to get dirty!!!

drobb

Adventurer
A few pics from the shake down run at Ocotillo Wells. Windy as all HELL....lol. Overall VERY impressed with the new suspension and exhaust setup. Took the Quads out before all the wind. Then took the Sequoia out for a test run. Out Pole Line Rd. over to Shell Reef, then to Blow Sand.....Drives awesome with the new setup!!!

Sequoia_Ocotillo_Nov.jpg

Sequoia_Ocotillo_wind.jpg

Shell_Reef.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz