impressions of Sudan

Hi,

well, this year we spent another almost 4 months in Africa, first 6 weeks in Sudan and then the rest in Southern Africa (our truck is permanently parked there...) where, after fixing a cracked head (after almost 100.000km driving on the continent) we went to Zimbabwe, our second home, then on to Botswana and Namibia.

Sudan was our 2nd trip and also this time we absolutely loved it. We had time to visit desert oases, look at ancient monuments on the western side of the Nile as well as the main ones on the other side and even managed to go diving in the Red Sea, which was absolutely fabulous, virgin reefs, big fish and all a diver can wish for. :)

At the moment we haven´t got too much time to complete our blog on our website, there is more info and photos on our facebook page facebook.com/anythinginafrica

peneumbra

Explorer
Sudan is an amazing country and an astoundingly beautiful place. I've often thought of opening a 4x4 shop in downtown Khartoum.

The people who live there are very friendly and helpful, BUT I'd hate to get on the wrong side of the folks who run the country. They'd just as soon hand you your head as piss in the sand...

Sudan is an amazing country and an astoundingly beautiful place. I've often thought of opening a 4x4 shop in downtown Khartoum.

The people who live there are very friendly and helpful, BUT I'd hate to get on the wrong side of the folks who run the country. They'd just as soon hand you your head as piss in the sand...

Well, it´s like with any regime. Zimbabwe is the same, but we also love this country and its people, so much we always have to return there.

Normally, as a tourist in Sudan, you don´t need to fear for your safety, I think no white guy will run around there demonstrating against the government. :)

sanwal

nice

"You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but can you pick your friends' noses?"

LaraMarden

Actually every region in the world has it's own living style, history and belief. Visiting these places are always fun because it's really different from us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94