How many seats??

wannabridin

Question for everyone.

I have my 2002 ZR2 Blazer that I'm slowly turning into my own expedition rig. It's a 2 door with the fold down rear sets. While surprisingly roomy back there, I have very few back seat passengers these days. I'm wondering what everyone's opinions (especially those that have removed passenger seats) are on permanently removing 1 or 2 of the rear seats. I've already removed one of them to test it out, but I can't quite pull the trigger on both of them.

My plan for the truck is to (one day) have a roof rack that can support a RTT and a well organized storage system inside that can help support me and the wife/buddy for awhile (water, backup electrical, spare parts, tools, etc.). I'll likely build the storage into a platform so I can still use the utility of the truck if needed.

If I keep both rear seats, then I have to design everything based on the seats being immobile, since adding folding components and whatnot adds to the complexity of the system. Thoughts are most appreciated!!

1stDeuce

Explorer
I haven't had a back seat in my TJ in 4 years. If I HAVE to haul people in it, they get to sit on the floor, but that's not normal at all. In fact, it's only happened a few times in the 4 years since I pulled the seat. If you haven't used it lately, and you can get more room without it, yank it! :)

wannabridin

Those are my thoughts. I would just hate to want to haul the little nieces and nephews around and only have the 2 seats.... Perks to each method here unfortunately

LR Max

Local Oaf
2 seater here. More than enough.

If I need more than that, they get to ride in the back. When snowpacolypse 2 hit earlier this year, it was me + 1 in the front then I picked up a few more friends. They just kinda rolled around in the back. Was fine.

expomazda

Observer
I can count on one finger the times my back seat has been used in the last year (dog doesn't count). My last 2 vehicles have been two seaters as well. I do have a front bench in my current truck so if I had to, I can seat 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
I keep an old CJ7 rear seat around because it has a flat mounting surface and the seat belts are bolted to it. They can be bolted in almost any thing with a flat floor.

java

Expedition Leader
I had a 2/3 1/3 split back bench. I pulled the 1/3 side out. My daughters car seat takes up most of the other side, but I can squeeze a second person in if needed. Works well for me! The cooler fits lengthwise where the seat was, much more efficient use of space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94