LR3 TPS question

I have a new set of steel wheels from Lucky 8 for my 08 LR3. I'd like to try a set of new Cooper STmax's on them. Can I use regular non tps sensor valves and permanently turn off the dash warning light with the

Gap tool?

NSGINC

Maybe if you turn all sensors to read a value of all 0's. I think it's 8 0's. So 00000000 just max out the zero's.

zelatore

Explorer
I turned mine off as well - I'm all over the place with tire pressure depending on where I'm driving and I didn't want to look at the idiot light or spend the money for the senders for my 18" wheels. I forget the step-by-step, but it was pretty easy to disable with the GAP tool.

Now the back-up sensors....they seem to be more difficult. I haven't found a way to shut them off yet.

umbertob

Adventurer
IIRC, both TPMS and park sensors can be turned off in the CCF / Car Config menu. TPMS should be found within the Body Control Module (BCM) sub-menu, you will have the option of turning off only spare tire monitoring or the whole system entirely (before you turn it off, make sure you note what type of system is currently enabled, as there are a lot of arcane choices to pick from if you ever decide to re-enable it.) The Park Distance Control should have its own sub-menu (PDC) in the CCF, there too you will have the option of disabling just the front or both front and rear sensors. If you have never modified the CCF with IIDTool before, the procedure to save the modified CCF to the car can make you a bit nervous that something has gone terribly wrong the first time you perform it - you will be prompted to turn the ignition off and/or the ignition will recycle on its own a couple of times - but just follow the instructions and it works like a charm.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior