Colorado/Canyon owners step inside

Warhead

Adventurer
I am considering picking a 2010 GMC Canyon 5.3 crew cab. Just wanted to hear from some current owners what are the pros and cons with the truck. Discuss

Thanks

libarata

Expedition Leader
Make sure all recall work has been done on it first. As the post above mine mentions, they have TONS of electrical issues.

pir8p3t3

Electrical problems were the reason I finally parted with my Colorado. Also ABS brake problems and when the sensors go bad they are not easy to replace. I replaced the blower motor and connector in it multiple times and it continued to blow the resistor. If it had not been for the electrical problems, i would still be driving the truck.

B

BPD53

I wheel a 2010 Chevy Colorado V8 and have had no "electrical issues" that have been discussed. I do have trouble with steering. The rack and pinion mount bushing is really thin and cheap. I have sourced a fix from Mayhem Metal Works. I had AVT tune the truck for 89 octane and delete the traction control (stabilitrak) as well as other mods. The tune helped the off road aspects alot. The truck has plenty of power for sure. There is not alot of room for larger tires on the front without a lift or serious TB crank. The fuel tank is kinda small (19 gallons) so I added an in bed aux fuel tank to help with longer trips or while towing. There is NO extra room under the hood! I added an ARB air compressor and that is the max for the engine bay. I am still trying to source a larger amp hour battery that I can shoe horn in the factory spot. The aftermarket is pretty small, so you have to build some off road parts yourself. The Colorado and Canyon share parts, so they should be very similar in almost all aspects. The guys at 355nation are a great resource as well! I hope that I never get the electrical troubles others obviously have had. If you want to purchase a V8 Canyon please remember that you are getting a truck with less room than the Sierra with the same fuel economy or worse. I do not think the Canyon has Active Fuel Management, so oil consumption should not be an issue. I like the small profile of the Colorado better than the Silverado, but sometimes the extra cab room would be nice. Just shoot me a PM if you have any more questions.

crazyeyez

Crazy EyeZ
electrical issues? I've had my 2005 Canyon since it was new. only issue was the well known head issue. but the dealer fixed that all under warranty.

and yes, 355Nation.net for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz