sleeping in a suv.

98dango

Expedition Leader
I have a sleeping set up in my truck. But I need my truck back so I have to move it all to the ramcharger. So who sleeps in an suv often. I'm worried about space my short bed gets small and this is a little smaller.

98dango

Expedition Leader
1ad23839553b5164dba3df1396e280af.jpg

1b7a1ba8e2aba312b3a8a18d94d5ac06.jpg

This is what's currently in my ramcharger.

1meanz

Mullet Club Chairman
I've never slept in anything that short. Are you looking for ideas to facilitate sleeping in such a small area? Only way I know to do it would be to build a platform that would fit over a forward folded front passenger seat. The platform would need to slide or fold back to allow the passenger seat back to be put back in the upright position. you could store stuff under the platform as well.

Not really applicapable but for what it's worth, I sleep in my Tahoe pretty frequently, doing it this weekend actually. The 2nd row seats are split and fold flat with the rear cargo floor. I fold the driver side 2nd row seat down and move all my gear to the passenger side of the cargo area and stretch out and sleep like a baby. I'm 6'4" and can stretch out nicely. I love sleeping in the truck unless it's 100* outside. It's quiet, safe, and comfy.

arveetek

Adventurer
I have no problems sleeping in my 2-door Tahoe (think full-size Blazer). I fold down the back seat, and have enough room to stretch out with my feet against the tailgate. I'm 5' 8".

Casey

Kevin108

Explorer
My wife and I sleep in my 2000 Jeep Cherokee. Slide both front seats all the way forward, remove the rear seat bottom, and construct a filler panel to level from the back floor over the footwell up to the front seats. It's cozy with two adults but very comfortable solo.

Sock Puppet

Adventurer
Been years since I've spent any time in a Ramcharger...but my folks had one way back in the day when I was in high school. Borrowed it on occasion for a hot date, so I know there is room in the back if you get creative.:wings:

This is how we crash in the Explorer.
AirMatressandBags_zpsc4fcd3ec.jpg

ihatemybike

Explorer
My wife removed the back seat from her Liberty, a platform was built level with the rest of the cargo area with storage underneath. A queen size 2" thick memory foam mattress topper was sourced from CL and cut to fit, the left over pieces were found to be able to to create a segmented second layer that goes down first, resulting in a fairly comfortable 4" mattress. She's 5'4" and able to sleep in the back without moving anything. I'm 6'2" and by moving the seats forward and laying diagonally I can fit, with her laying beside me. We've done a few vacations living out of the back of her Jeep.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Well we have our platform set up in the back and not a lot of head room. My wife and I will be taking it out middle of next week. I'm sure it will work. The space is good but the height sucks.

hoov100

Been living in my ramcharger for about a month and a half now.

If you dont mind your knees bent alot and your under 6' 1" you can sleep horizontally, if you pull the back seat and make a platform level with the wheel well you can sleep mostly stretched out and pretty comfortably, you can sleep no problem diagonally as well.

Now if your girl kicked you out and everything you own is in the back then yhe front seat is doable, if you have buckets and the plastic console it helps to paid the seats to raise you up level, if you dont mind messing up the plastic console you can put a bigger backpack on the passenger side floor and use it to support your legs with your torso on the console/seat. You can do it like that and have plenty of room. Always have the wheel up though for more breathing space.

98dango

Expedition Leader
The back seat is long gone. I cut 7" off the platform from My superduty. It looks like it will do for now. The ruck is really turning out well I think. I do need to fasten the platform down some how. The head room is not great but workable. If this becomes a permanent well used setup will bring me to chopping the top up some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke