getting excited for the new BFG KO2

PirateB

Might get me a set as well. Every set of bfg a/t I've ever run has worn like iron and been an all around great tire. Don't fix what ain't broken!

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Awesome. I wish I knew about these before putting on a new set of Duratracs. Next time I guess.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

bikerjosh

Explorer
Does this mean I won't tear off tread blocks, on rocks like the last set on my 4runner? My rear tires outer edges were looking pretty sad when I sold it. Shoe goo only goes so far. :smiley_drive:

plh

Explorer
I can't wait until April for the 235-85R16 for the Gen 3. Need tires before winter this year. So will probably go with the A/T KO (not KO2)

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I can't wait until April for the 235-85R16 for the Gen 3. Need tires before winter this year. So will probably go with the A/T KO (not KO2)

Having ran 6 or 7 sets of the KO over the years I can say the Cooper AT3 is a better winter tire and readily available in that size, I run them on my Chevy diesel and never even needed to engage 4wd last winter.

All-Terrain

No Road Required
So they will NOT be releasing the KO2 in 31x10.5x15 then?

Will they keep producing the standard KO version 1 in this size?

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
My Outlander is going to be needing tires soon and it has stock 18's so i may get a set of KO2s, i don't think the KO2 is up to the task of holding a Montero up though. When i saw that BFG was updating the KO i considered them for my new '98 as i really liked the old KO (have owned 3 sets so far). The problem with them is that BFG sidewalls just can't hang under the heavier rigs (Gen 2 LWB) they always just tear/slice/poke through them, i'd run them on a light rig or on something that is only going to see forest roads like my Outlander.

Actually i just looked at the pricing on these... Now that BFG seems to be pricing themselves out of the economy tire market i may never get another set because i don't think i can let myself spend $300 on a BFG. Price was always the motivating factor for me with the old KOs because to me they were the best cheap tire.
I wish I could get a Open Country R/T for a 15", I really liked the Open Country A/Ts on my '94 SR but they were about twice the cost of the BFG KO at the time but the sidewalls are more than twice as thick with more cord layers (yes i cut sidewalls out of my old tires to see how they are made). Toyo M/Ts and A/Ts suck on light rigs but the Montero has no problem flexing the sidewall and making it work.

Dennx

Adventurer
Some pics I took at Lucas Off Road Expo.

D03931A8-20D9-4227-9165-CEB6C2B264D4_zpsfkvgngge.jpg

BCEA138C-3FB3-4471-97BF-0E08954036B6_zpsi8slazmt.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94