Cool new Montero stuff for my homies

bikerjosh

Explorer
front bumper

wow, where is the "slippery slope" emoticon when you need it?
sneakyninja please keep me in mind if/when you do another group buy for the front bumpers.
thanks

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Don't worry it'll happen in a couple weeks i think. At least now i know the time frame for getting them here (it's not quick), I'll probably get a thread going sooner though with prices and installed pics.

Toasty

THey are bolt on for all non Blister fender Gen 2's, they are pocket style mounting so they bolt on from the outside not through the existing SR holes. My friend has no flares on his SR due to them being badly damaged offroad, with the flares off he was left with holes and now mud slings everywhere if he gets into mud. He wanted to be able to replace the flares but have them easily removable in for when he's rock crawling or wheeling trails with high potential for side damage.
We will drill new holes in his fenders, nutzert the holes and use stainless hardware to attach the new fender flares. He'll be able to remove them in probably less than 10 minutes with a screw gun. We are also probably going to cut his fenders up higher as well. I'll post pics.

PajEvo

JDM Journeys
Don't forget the gen3's Adam, buddy. We're the future! LOL. Until we all get PHEV's anyways, LOL.

Toasty

Working on it, I've got one friend here with a Gen 3 so he won't let me forget.

Mounted one up on my wrecked Monty, it bolted up but it's hard to say if i'll need spacer plates for the outsides of the frame because my frame is so F'd up.

wreck.jpg

Fits the Montero lines nicely but it sits on my truck crooked because of my mangled frame horns, otherwise it's pretty nice. Wish I could afford one :)

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Quick question, how much clearance do you have between the bumper and the corner of the fender? I ask because the gen 2.5 is slightly wider in that area.

Toasty

Quick question, how much clearance do you have between the bumper and the corner of the fender? I ask because the gen 2.5 is slightly wider in that area.

It's a slight bit narrow on the blister fender, I can't give you an accurate measurement yet as my fenders have been bodyworked and mine's a bit wider both sides. I'll take some good pics soon, one of the dudes here has a Gen 2.5 and it's never been wrecked so we'll know.

kdj

Observer
As a Gen3 owner who dropped the ball on your first offer. I'm ready when you try again. Keep us informed on price and timeline.

Toasty

I'll definitely keep everyone updated and next time i'll accept a bigger order because i know what to expect now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online