05 Donahoe Coilover help?

MattKoch

Observer
So I recently inherited a set of used donahoe CO and factory leafs of a 05 qc sb TRD tacoma and really don't know what I should do with them. I have a 2000 tacoma that id be stoked to throw the Donahoe's on there but I'm pretty sure they won't work. Then there's the second problem.... One of the Coils is broken on one of the shocks. What do you all think my best option is with this stuff? I really appreciate the help!
image_1.jpg

image.jpg

Wainiha

Explorer
I have ICONs(DR) on my 2000 Tacoma. They don't look like that. The bottom portion under the coils is to long. I would sell them. Either as is or have ICON rebuild them and then sell. Eibach sells coils and you could just buy new ones and replace them.

I guess you should measure them first and check your truck. But IMO they're still worth money.

The leafs.. I dunno.

MattKoch

Observer
Thanks! so you can buy coils from eibach that would fit the DR's ? my timing on the leafs couldn't have been worse with the recall hahaha :) oh well I'm curious to how off the centering pin is from the 1st gen trucks. They really appear to be the exact same springs except for the centering pin.

Wainiha

Explorer
They're about $1000-2000 new so depending on what you paid.....?

If the were rebuilt and looked clean I might pay as much as 700 for a used pair. (?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior