:sombrero: Nice jeep

Gorgeous gal

Looks like a real fun trip to-

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

kam

Observer
Thanks guys!

@Rumpig

We were exploring the south of the Island only. But I was there before and seen everything (almost) We will make a second part video in November for the north of the island

newhue

Adventurer
huh small world. I was on the same barge. I recall you and your girl out the back corner filming as we left port. Also recall how good her *** is in those shorts, you are a lucky man. We had 10 days there, its one of our annual trip destinations and never fails to please. You got to get off those machinate sand boards and on to a boogie board, you won't be sorry and no way required. Good work on the filming, looks like you had as much fun as we did.

ADVW/Liam

Adventurer
Go4x4

"Go4x4" is one of my favorite you-tube channels... I like the way their videos are made / produced. The combo of the music, slow motion scenes, fast motion scenes, and the other video trickery is appealing. Makes me want to call in sick, and go wheeling!

kam

Observer
huh small world. I was on the same barge. I recall you and your girl out the back corner filming as we left port. Also recall how good her *** is in those shorts, you are a lucky man. We had 10 days there, its one of our annual trip destinations and never fails to please. You got to get off those machinate sand boards and on to a boogie board, you won't be sorry and no way required. Good work on the filming, looks like you had as much fun as we did.

Small world indeed :D I wish we could have stayed 10 days :D Must have been an awesome trip for you.

kam

Observer
"Go4x4" is one of my favorite you-tube channels... I like the way their videos are made / produced. The combo of the music, slow motion scenes, fast motion scenes, and the other video trickery is appealing. Makes me want to call in sick, and go wheeling!

That's one of the best compliments I have ever heard. Really motivates me to do more videos! Thank you Liam!!!

Last edited:

newhue

Adventurer
Small world indeed :D I wish we could have stayed 10 days :D Must have been an awesome trip for you.

You know after 3 trips in 4 years its still as magical as the first. And that is even after 2 weeks this year at Fraser for the June holidays. Thought this year we might burn Moreton out but nope. We always seem to find something to do which is new. This time we walked deep into the small sand hills, found a dune easy 100m long but it had two issues, a blind drop in the middle of the run which was steeper than the first half, and a poor exit. It was way to fast for the kids and potentially really quite dangerous. Hell it was fast though. So we kept looking and found another with a 75m run at 45deg, and with the added bonus of an awesome run out. So in the end the run was a good 150 meters, safe and quite fast, and everyone loved this one.

Not so good the next day however. We went to the desert and one of the kids misjudged the run between two trees. I can tell you when a kid hits a tree at 25km/h it's a gut wrenching sight, sound, and feeling. Pretty bad hole in her arm from a branch and a bit banged around. Managed to get a 4x4 in to run her down to the medics at Tangalooma and eventually out via the coats guard. Tuff little thing though. Back on the island after two days in Hospital and playing with the other kids like nothing happened.

Last edited:

kam

Observer
Oh wow damn. Hope your kid is ok! What are the most beautiful camp sites on the Island? We were on the South Western Campgrounds. It was pretty nice.

I personally like campgrounds close to freshwater creeks.

newhue

Adventurer
The little girl wan't mine, thankfully. But with 10 kids something is going to happen eventually I guess. The places these kids have gone over the years and what they have been exposed to we really have had a good run.

We usually camp in the South East zone to get away from the crowds if any. The kids love the surf and we usually jag a gutter just outside camp for a spot of fishing. I have to admit the Sth Wst corner between Tangalooma and the Mangroves of the Oyster farm is quite special.

newhue

Adventurer
Kam, there are not many creek on Moreton fill stop. Spitfire Crk east coast is near the Nth Est Camp zone but not in it. Blue Lagoon has a creek of sorts that flows out through part of the camp ground. From memory however it's a marshy / reeded water way that turns into a soak that runs out to sea. On the Wst there is Cravens Crk in the Nth Wst camp zone, so that one would work. Haven walked up it but it does derive from a large swamp further inland.
Nth point also has swampy areas, but not aware of any creeks. We are heading back over with the recent Half price ferry deal, so will have a better look if I get the chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94