need recommendations on 2wd lift e250

Gtdad

Adventurer
So I am loving my my pop up traverse van. However I would like/need a few more inches of clearance. My propane tank has 8 inches of clearance.
I know from what Ive read so far that a 2 inch lift is most cost effective and I would happy with that.
So max lift blocks or new springs etc.
Its 2002 2wd e250 with 225/75/16 with 8 inch wide core racing rims right now. I'd love 4wd but 12-15k 4wd conversion from Clydesdale is not in my budget:(
What do you guys think?

Gtdad

Adventurer
Thanks for the suggestion but I am british columbia canada, a little far to be going for suspension work...

mikracer

Adventurer
The least expensive route is the Maxx Lift spacer. My local tire/alignment shop quoted me $300 for the install and alignment (including new alignment cams).

Ramsey could probably ship you a set of springs, but shipping to Canada will probably be expensive due to the weight of the springs.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Road Trip :D

Are you on the Rock or the mainland? Shipping usually sucks, and if you get the wrong part, it's even worse. I'm going to need new shocks, and the front springs are saggy, but I can't justify the price to get them here to BC at the moment.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Action Van can send a kit up there, its a great kit.

http://www.actionvansuspension.com

Or you can do a partial 4x4 conversion from us. Just get the front suspension installed and leave the transmission 2wd. A lot of guys do this to help spread the cost of the 4x4 conversion and it will have more resale value as a partial 4x4 than a 2wd lift.

depark

Observer
Another option is, depending where you live, going to your local Cap-it shop and having them help. They can do anything from blocks and shocks to full suspension systems. If you are close to Kamloops, go to Sportsman 4x4, They can do the same stuff. You don't have to have them put in the full 4x4 setup. That's who did my van. Great bunch of guy's there and really helpful. By the way, where in BC are you? Hope this helps.
Cheers
Darryl

Gtdad

Adventurer
Road Trip :D

Are you on the Rock or the mainland? Shipping usually sucks, and if you get the wrong part, it's even worse. I'm going to need new shocks, and the front springs are saggy, but I can't justify the price to get them here to BC at the moment.
Road trip sounds like fun but no time right now. Im am in Nvan btw..:(

Gtdad

Adventurer
Another option is, depending where you live, going to your local Cap-it shop and having them help. They can do anything from blocks and shocks to full suspension systems. If you are close to Kamloops, go to Sportsman 4x4, They can do the same stuff. You don't have to have them put in the full 4x4 setup. That's who did my van. Great bunch of guy's there and really helpful. By the way, where in BC are you? Hope this helps.
Cheers
Darryl
Ya the Sportsmans guys i have talked them about going 4x4 15K is out of my budget.. I am in Nvan..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles