Time to start my no plan no ideal build

pkcub

Banned
Moving along.I need to order a axle ,decide what I am going to use as sides how much space do I need for a flat?

Picture 018.jpg

pkcub

Banned
Thinking

Thinking a 60'' axle will work
30'' springs
So 40.25'' wide on the frame . seven inch backing on the wheels.
So that be 54.25 &2.5'' for a flat tire.
What do you think?

pkcub

Banned
Where I got my steel at they did most all the cuts I needed . At $ 1.00.The rest I did with a $7.35 four in. grinder from harbor freight.Now looking for a tailgate . look,s like E-BAY has the best price for a used one.

pkcub

Banned
The frame all welded up .Now to drill the receiver with 3 holes in front and one in back. That way I can make the receiver longer for backing up .34xn7de.jpg

pkcub

Banned
This waiting is killing me. There is 3 trailers being built . Two of us have the money to get the kits . When I drive up to get the kits. I plan do some off road trails by Enterprise it's on 82 and highway 3 . Order this of flea bay . Now I just need some thing to put it on$_1.JPG]

Attachments

• $_1.JPG
    $_1.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 528

pkcub

Banned
Big plan change after being on e-bay found a kit .That is like day and a rainy night. Can put pull handholds easy to put a front opening door later. So will have to put my road trip on hold. Will get all 3 kits Tuesday,

pkcub

Banned
I have my frame all welded up .The three of us where planing to use a M-Series Jeep Trailer Tub Kits .
After looking on e-bay .We all decide to go with the Military Style M 100 M 416 fiberglass trailer kit . There kits can go wider than the 40.5''. On the axle I used could push it out to 42 to 43'' . I wonder whether it be worth making it wider. It requires to weld four 2'' x 2'' up rights in the corners. The fiberglass panels hang like a curtain wall. So I will be welding any way. Picture 018.jpg

Last edited:

pkcub

Banned
a inch are two short

I have always been a inch are two short. After thinking about cutting the spring pads off,grinding ,welding the pads back on that be a lot of heat on the axle tube.It will take a week longer to get the front panel insert.SO 40.5 it is

Ich war schon immer ein Zoll sind zwei kurze. Nach einigem Nachdenken über Schneiden der Achslappen off, Schleifen, Schweißen die Pads wieder auf, dass sein viel Wärme auf der Achse tube.It wird eine Woche länger dauern, bis die Frontplatte zu insert.SO 40.5 ist

Last edited:

pkcub

Banned
This is the first thing I should have for my military replica trailer kit
rucf2d.jpg

Dies ist das erste, was ich für meine militärische Replik Anhänger kit

Last edited:

pkcub

Banned
.I should look at my massages more often.All 3 kits went to my partners home. I promised to take lots of pictures for the manufacture .So they shipped by FedEx not by bus
You can see how the sided fiberglass panel ties to the 2x2''. When the welding is done a jeep tailgate fits fine. The 1x1'' is just to float the 2by2''. The manufacture has suggested to drill a hole in the center of the cap of the upright & weld a nut in .It can be covered . It there if you ever need to bolt something down
30dawyx.jpg

2u73p09.jpg

Ich Sollte meine Massagen mehr often.All 3 Kits ging zu meinem Partner zu Hause aussehen. Ich habe versprochen, viele Bilder für die Herstellung nehmen .So sie von FedEx mit dem Bus transportiert nicht
Sie können sehen, wie die einseitige Fiberglasplatte Bindungen an die 2x2 ''. Wenn die Schweiß geschieht ein Jeep Heckklappe passt gut. Die 1x1 '' ist nur die 2by2 schweben ''. Die Herstellung hat vorgeschlagen, ein Loch in der Mitte der Kappe des aufrechten & schweißen eine Mutter in .Es abgedeckt werden zu bohren. Es gibt, wenn Sie jemals brauchen, um etwas nach unten schrauben

Last edited:

pkcub

Banned
This is the rear upright .As the up right is tied to the frame it make a good tie down. Tell you ever need the nut it can be cover with bondo .
359d4xx.jpg

v3oz7s.jpg

pkcub

Banned
I got the uprights welded in . I am so glad I went with this kit .I planed to add a roof basket . The first plan kit call for some frame work on the outside. I was not happy with the mad max looks. With the cost $550 to $1000 for some thing premade that with no basket. With this fiberglass kit uprights can run straight up in the body.
I have had a few stop buy the house and think the kit was a real M416 .That made me happy that I used the Military Style M 100 M 416 fiberglass trailer kit.

pkcub

Banned
axles came

Today the three axles came . So now better get busy.
If I ever win the Modular Chuck wagon fiberglass component kit on eBay. Will be adding so if I ever need a place to sleep

28v6ivs.jpg

pkcub

Banned
All four up rights Have been welded in .A little bondo .I hope to have the axle hangers in by Sunday.
I will install Military Style M 100 M 416 fiberglass trailer kit on Monday

2e326ba.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke