Time to start my no plan no ideal build

pkcub

Banned
Dry fitted the front insert today. It go's between the two 2 by 2 uprights. There's many ways to attach.If I was planing to make doors at both ends . I use a flexible sealant so I could cut louse later on and make a front drop down tailgate .
There no load on the fiberglass .It all on the 2 by 2.
The manufacturer plan is to use cold bondo very little harder Working in to the gap
Having hay fever .So puts me inside for a few days. One thing by using a Military Style M 100 M 416 fiberglass trailer kit the one with the resets
you can can get some parts upside down

in5wcg.jpg

vpc7ef.jpg

pkcub

Banned
setting the springs

I drill and tap for 1/4-20 bolt .one inch in and dead center on the receiver tube. Set the axle center at haft the bed plus 1 in per foot; Use the 1/4-20 for centering the Axel

wi1vd5.jpg

2mrdusy.jpg

pkcub

Banned
Starting to look like a trailer.
http://i62.tinypic.com/2e4dgf8.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/2l8cfp4.jpg

pkcub

Banned
On all three kits we are doing. This is the dry fit for a soft side . We are using a harbor freight tarp . We could have order from http://www.tarpsplus.com/camtar.html for a better choice . I will use Self Adhesive Velcro Hook Loop to hold the 18'' of tarp. I received the tight corners .I wish I used the 13'' are 15''rounded corners on the front of the trailer for better air flow .Maybe if I use there 30'' are 48'' rounded corners. I have a want to be Army teardrop .LOL

27xnwq8.jpg

pkcub

Banned
Just like starting over. Drove on the freeway with out the Military Style M 100 M 416 fiberglass trailer kit .Just the frame .Towed great. So finished the last welding .Installed a piece of 1'' by1/8 to protect the floor. With just a 1/8 over the wood. I stared to use a jeep tailgate . Why now I ask my shelf. 70lb what a waste . If I had used the tailgate.I Would have made a lip to flow the jeep tailgate.I 'd use 3/4 by 3/4 1/8wall tube.

2po2v0y.jpg

pkcub

Banned
come together

The frame has been primed with 2 part primer . A black hammer paint , Now to start to put everything back together . Every one knows You should not bond fiberglass to steel if it vibrates . Don't do crack! I have been told to use Smart bond . foaming action . so here gos.

Last edited:

pkcub

Banned
looking to partner

It's been a time .Driving a truck gets me home every 3 weeks .Not much time to do any thing. I got a little done on the fenders .

As I have little time looking to partner with this trailer We could finish this trailer and time share . Would be great if you lived in Sacramento to Stockton .
This is not the cheap fiberglass box on a frame.All the fiberglass is hand laid. I have the fiberglass chuck wagon top.
Here what I done on the fenders .Using 1'' by1'' 1/8 wall This is heavy duty trailer .
It would be great if you have a roof top tent.
12661753_495109404007690_7103872122603186816_n.jpg

12670254_495109717340992_1356779712155199990_n.jpg

12717449_495109577341006_4482800841608024334_n.jpg

pkcub

Banned
I'm looking to partner with someone.I have all the heavy duty hand laid fiberglass modular components for the Chuck Wagon.The frame is built .Tires ,3500 axle and hubs, sliding receiver. Just need the fenders finish, chuck wagon put together. This is the heavy duty trailer .It would be nice if you had a roof top tent
I do not do any hard off road . All the hard work is done

I do not know how anyone could think this is a Dinoot! There's so many big differences between the two. I think this picture will show everything . Four post up right that tie to the frame no flex. No worrying about the tailgate popping open . .Dinoot thin reinforcement bracket tie to the wood floor and fiberglass both flex .

No two inch lip that has you lifting over in the back .That was the biggest deal to me every time something slides it will beat the fiberglass,and bad back.

No $ 800 rack to have a tent on the top everything ties to the up rights. Not trying to compare . That just some of the things that you can tell the two apart.
tgo1_zpsusxcqvhz.jpg
[/IMG]
I want a m100 looking trailer .I did the jeep tailgate thing. Now I regret that $175 tailgate, could gone deeper with bed. If I had used their rear insert. It would look right. Now I am working to fix this costly mistake .

http://www.jeepforum.com/gallery/data/4/medium/tgo1_zpsusxcqvhz.jpg

I also used this kit . I want a Chuck Wagon Add-on. .

You can buy the kit now. They have been available on the bay for years, .
27xnwq8.jpg

Last edited:

peligro113

I agree 100%, feel sorry watching you try to put this thing together for a couple years now. You get what you pay for ... At Dinoot we provide a well engineered M416 like tub kit that with simple trimming and hole drilling is easy to assemble. We provide a complete solution with detailed instructions that a person with basic DIY skill can use to build it.

On other forums and FB the person selling this collection of fiberglass pieces likes to trash talking Dinoot. I have asked this person multiple times to post pictures of his person trailer, ones customer have built, any completed one being used, so far I've never seen a one. Assuming he is following your thread, maybe he will post some now

I really like the way you answer any questions which arise during the build....I am seriously considering buying one of your kits.

goneagain

Observer
I cannot believe is clown is still here. He tried this about a year or two ago here as well, under the name jay123/123jay/funcars04/glassice. I cant remember which.

James, Lets just say you are easy to spot. Maybe its the um..."peculiar" way you write, or maybe its the fact that every photo you post is from the same house. Perhaps its because every trailer forum on the net, you are right there with a new username building the same old hokey trailer, claiming no affiliation to the maker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz