Time to start my no plan no ideal build

pkcub

Banned
I Have 3 steel wheels 16”. No tires..Six pieces of 2by2 1/8 wall 40" long. I am on four different forms. So I guess that I should build a trailer. Should not take over two day’s right? The out side frame will be 2 by 2 by 1/8 in. wall. So one 20 foot piece will work out to a 40.5 in by 72 trailer. . The tongue will be 3 by 3 in by something wall.

KC0GFG

make it 4x6 its just the right size.to use as a utility trailer and make a removalbe expo box that sits on top!
or make it the same dimentions as the 416 i think its 3.5x5

experiance is the best teacher!

pkcub

Banned
Thanks Kcogfg
I have some pieces of 2by2 1/8 wall 40" long So will have to decide if I will go 44"" wide are cut down

pkcub

Banned
stopped

The tongue has me stopped .I want to be able to move out when backing up. Take off to slow down someone from talking the trailer. And when off road to have it short. Do I use 2 1/2" tube for the receiver and 2" x 1/4" thick wall tube for the tongue? May be 3x3 - 3/16 wall. Then I use 2.5x2.5 tubing this has me stopped

KC0GFG

I used 2X2 1/4" for my first trailer, its been working out just fine. when I build my next one om going to use the same size used for recivers as a "back bone"from a few inches out the back to 3 or 4 feet out the front. then ill have 4 to 6 feet of 2x2 1/4" in the front to have an adjustable length tounge.

pkcub

Banned
Again thanks Kcogfg
Looks like the frame is made from folded steel. Will look in to the cost to have some bent .

pkcub

Banned
To copy the frame of a m100 made from folded steel. The cost to have some bent was all most two times the cost of boxed steel. .So will do most of the frame out of 2 by 2 1/8'' wall the draw bar 2.5 by 2.5 1/4'' wall .Dose that sound right

pkcub

Banned
Pick up my steel today. The 2 by 2 1/8 wall was $2.80 a foot . For the 2.5 by 2.5 was $24.00 for 4 feet.
The 3 by 3 1/8 wall was $ 30 for four feet.
The steel for the over the box rack is 1.5 Round Tubing the cost will be
$ 45.06 for 20 feet and $6.00 per bend 12” radi will need four of those. On the axles have not made up my mind .Can go with a 3500 Axle with 750 lb springs with kit for just under $150. If I go with the Flexiride axles 3500 down raided to 2000 45% down for under $175.

pkcub

Banned
On the bed is 60" are 72" better?

Cut all the steel I had .Was 6" short on a front piece. Cut the frame to be 401/8 in X 60 in bed .Going to use 16" Jeep steel wheels . We are making three trailers . My off road pal wants to do a 60" trailer bed. Now at looking at it.Would we be better of with 72" bed. What do you think?
Picture002_zps74eaaabf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

HAFICON

Adventurer
Well it looks like something, right now my project is abandoned as my almost finished trailer frame is buried under 3 feet of snow. Best of luck to ya I will be watching see how it goes.

pkcub

Banned
Am crying about 70%Just make me a sissy . But we have no water .Will be looking hard at your build.I an glad to see how you did the frame

Last edited:

pkcub

Banned
After reading HAFICON Facebook page .It was time to get off my aaa. So today I tacked up the frame.

Picture.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online