Great write up of a 1975 Baja Trip

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
So I was doing a little research for a moto trip through Baja Norte when I found this website.
Really great read and I can't wait to look around and what else he has done.
http://www.edwardfrey.com/cartrips/trip1.html

0067.JPG

0070.JPG

toddz69

Explorer
Thanks for sharing that, Lance. His choice of a traveling vehicle was 'old' even in 1975.

Todd Z.

mkitchen

Explorer
In a 20 year old panel

I am guessing that the Chevy panel is either a 54 or early 55 (first gen, in todays vernacular). No wonder Lance liked the report. I am thinking if Lance ran across a report of a old suburban going to the grocery store, he would like it. It is neat to see some of the old pictures and how the country looked back then. A simpler life, a simpler time.

My wife did her first trip down the peninsula in the late 60's, with her folks, in an International Scout. Hot and dusty but still a lot of fun and a trip that will always be remembered. I don't think we have any pictures left from some of those earlier trips.
Mikey

PS On a side note, sure would like to hear more about a south of the border moto trip.

Last edited:

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
My younger son and I just did 1000 miles in 3 days in Baja Norte and it is amazing how nice the roads are getting, just since last year they have made things nice, smooth.....and a bit boring honestly :)

Promise I will post up a report soon.

But back on the thread...I really like these views into times gone by and how folks traveled with no expressed worries about fuel, food, banditos or anything else that people seem fear based freaked out about today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles