We have seen your drawers... How about what is in them?

ab1985

Explorer
Thanks, and yes it's an 80. Many have had the same idea as far as access through the rear windows. There are couple companies offering kits, but they are prohibitively expensive.

uber

Observer
big drawer is usually for things of the pew pew variety when we go camping

IMAG0588.jpg

socket set, 2 black bags are various hand tools, green bag is various cleaners/sealants/etc

IMAG0661.jpg

single burner on first slide

IMAG0586.jpg

plates, bowls, cups, utensils, pots under the stove

IMAG0587.jpg

center drawer is catch-all for specific trips. sometimes camping odds and ends, sometimes ammo and magazines. the moving dividers come in handy

IMAG0664.jpg

gold panning stuff lives under one wing with the subwoofer

IMAG0663.jpg

while jumper cables, tow strap, tree saver, and shop towels live under the other

IMAG0662.jpg

rolled up pad, blanket, emergency food/drinks, first aid kit, tire plug kit, mini compressor, extra stove fuel behind the seat

IMAG0659.jpg

besides the catch-all and gun drawers, this stuff stays in there pretty much fulltime

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
Mine are full all the time, they carry tools, straps, tarp, hennesy hammock sleeping bag , torch,repair kit, machete,knife
basicly my survival kit, enough gear to camp a few nights and tools etc to fix most trail issues/ help others.

Just add food and water and go

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
Left side is the kitchen/food/pantry, and slide out kitchen drawer....
20141014_181659.jpg

20141014_181811.jpg

The other is the tools/spare parts/camping/recovery equipment/ TP, and OBA drawer....
20141014_181921.jpg

20141014_182033.jpg

Ready to roll out !!!

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: This plus a Mobile winch and spare battery +

040-1.jpg

035.jpg

Every thing else goes in the trailer=

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

landsharkman

Adventurer
Left drawer, stove, Kitchen Pots and Tools, First Aid, Lights
Leftdrawers_zps0b2944d6.jpg

Right drawer, Recovery Tools, Straps, Shackles, Bottle Jack, Tire Tools, Hand and Electrical Tools, Fire Starting, Road Safety
rightdrawers_zps761ba3d4.jpg

WESBC

Observer
Went through all my gear for "documentation" purposes

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Way too much to list, but maybe if I have time later on I'll try to put something together.

Rezarf <><

Explorer

1.jpg

3.jpg

Way too much to list, but maybe if I have time later on I'll try to put something together.

That is a LOT of gear to bring, but man you look very well prepared and it is organized so well I wouldn't think that you could get all of that in the drawers, but man it looks great all tucked away.

... I think you are winning so far.

AxleIke

Adventurer

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Love it! I see you have the Milwaukee cordless tools, do you have the hackzall as well? I was on the trail with a guy who had the Hackzall. That was a really awesome. I am going to get one of those for my tool kit. We had an issue with exhaust on one vehicle, and we had to cut out a piece and put in a repair piece. What would have taken us a good hour with a hack saw given the tight quarters and hot pipe took all of 30 seconds with the hackzall. Very compact, which was great for fitting into tight areas and also for packing in the truck.

I've always carried power or air tools for removing bolts or drilling things out, but never anything for cutting. That is one job that is REALLY laborious by hand.

WESBC

Observer
That is a LOT of gear to bring, but man you look very well prepared and it is organized so well I wouldn't think that you could get all of that in the drawers, but man it looks great all tucked away.

... I think you are winning so far.

Thanks, a lot of it has to do with my apartment not having a traditional garage to store my tools. I keep most of it in the drawers so the Cruiser is my mobile tool box.

Love it! I see you have the Milwaukee cordless tools, do you have the hackzall as well? I was on the trail with a guy who had the Hackzall. That was a really awesome. I am going to get one of those for my tool kit. We had an issue with exhaust on one vehicle, and we had to cut out a piece and put in a repair piece. What would have taken us a good hour with a hack saw given the tight quarters and hot pipe took all of 30 seconds with the hackzall. Very compact, which was great for fitting into tight areas and also for packing in the truck.

I've always carried power or air tools for removing bolts or drilling things out, but never anything for cutting. That is one job that is REALLY laborious by hand.

Thanks! I was contemplating on the hackzall vs the sawzall. I would love the full size sawzall, but with the now limited room, the hackzall seems more realistic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne