We have seen your drawers... How about what is in them?

Rezarf <><

Explorer
I've started designing a set of drawers for our new to us 100 series Land Cruiser and I'm trying to get a handle on what I would actually want/use in the drawers. I know folks use drawers for kitchens, recovery gear, tools and spares, camping gear, archiving Overland Journal collections etc. How about a picture thread of the contents of your drawers and anything in particular you use often or like to keep on hand. I think the layout of the drawers would also be a help.

The more I think about adding drawers the harder it is decide on how to fill them. So snap a pic, and tell us why you chose to stow that bit of YOUR gear in there.

Here is my motivation ;)

Needs Drawers.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Rezarf <><

Explorer
Hey Washington Taco- Thanks for the post. How about editing your post to help us understand what's in the drawers? I am curious as to what you haul around.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
My standard load

day_drawer.JPG

More on that here: http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?97743-Packing-for-a-week-on-the-trail-Overview

4x4junkie

Explorer
Coleman stove
Fuel canisters for stove
Coleman stovetop toaster (kept under stove)
Lantern (LED)
Box containing frequently-used miscellaneous items (Scotch/electrical tape, razor blade, mosquito spray, sunblock, liquid soap (Campsuds), 12V LED clip-lights, charge cord for lantern, etc.)

Hoping to eventually include a "Grill-It" (IIRC) stovetop grill in there also (should be enough room I think).
drawerfridgeshelf.jpg

In front of the drawer are two compartments for lesser-used stuff such as tools, recovery gear, extra fluids, etc. The strap I've started to keep handy in the space between my fridge and the interior wall since I've found that I use it a lot more than I had envisioned (seems people don't always pay attention to where they are going/what they are doing lol, last trip out it was an almost fully-inverted SxS ATV in the middle of an incline blocking the trail which had to be righted... fortunately no one was hurt).
floorboxes.jpg

I built it this way so that it flips back to deploy the rear seats when needed without having to remove the unit entirely. There have been occasional times a full-length drawer could've been handy though.

The right side is tools and recovery gear.

current phone pics 279.jpg

current phone pics 280.jpg

current phone pics 285.jpg

current phone pics 289.jpg

current phone pics 292.jpg

current phone pics 294.jpg

The left is my camp kitchen with the ARB fridge, Partner Steel stove on slides with pots, pans, dishes etc. The black Plano cases hold non perishables, cleaning items and small camp items.

DaveNay

Adventurer
I married the last person who asked to see what was in my drawers.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

java

Expedition Leader
Oh good topic. Ill play. I have a drawer, one compartment, and a storage section.

In the drawer:
In the back section,
MSR dragonfly
2 fuel bottles
Simple shower
Paper towels

In the big section, misc:
Bug spray
sunscreen
headlamps and batteries
Goal Zero speaker
Jump pack
Matches
Trowel
Random stuff

On the left,
folding saw
rope, lines
stakes
wipes

In the compartment behind the drawer:
Tool rolls
emergency catalytic heater and propane
electrical repair supplies
emergency water

The spot on the left of my drawer fits tupperware boxes, for things I don't use as much. In there is:
Tire chains
Box of straps and bungee cords
box with emergency food and supplies, incl another stove and fuel
snow shovel
air compressor
BB gun

FA kit and jumper etc go behind the wheel well next to my drawers.

15495572661_1db25b3ff8_c.jpg

15312060148_eab39e798a_c.jpg

15498357912_78bb32ea2b_c.jpg

Rezarf <><

Explorer
Java- great write up. BB gun, never thought about that but that's a fun addition, and not a bad resource if you got into a last ditch survival situation. Thanks for posting.

ab1985

Explorer
I keep all kinds of stuff in my drawer. It's not fully stocked at the moment, but every day items include a three bags (kitchen, other household, and camp items), stove, cutting board, spare air mattress, tools bag, recovery bag, lantern, flashlight, toilet, propane tank, retractable marshmallow sticks, retractable pole for hanging a shower bag, and machete. The tailgate storage contains items I don't need often but like to have such as tarp, first aid kit, wheel chocks, jumper cables, and wag bags.

Still needs to be sealed and covered.

java

Expedition Leader
Java- great write up. BB gun, never thought about that but that's a fun addition, and not a bad resource if you got into a last ditch survival situation. Thanks for posting.

It can be hours of entertainment. :D just don't promise the kids and forget the BB's...

Rezarf <><

Explorer
ab1985- that's a great storage box, you seem to have a lot of gear ready to roll in an efficient space. Well done... Now seal and cover that thing man! I like the flip lid above the drawers for quick access. Is that an 80 series? I always thought it could be cool to make cargo access through the rear slide windows

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz